another member of the 500 club

  • rway61
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 6:33 PM
      Hello ...
      Here's a quick rundown of my two-week vacation that ended last
      Thursday. Since then, I've been going to work, resting from more than
      6,000 miles of driving, doing all the little things that have to get
      done when you've been gone for two weeks, getting the windshield
      replaced on The Pump Room Acura and trying to log on to AOL, which
      for me has been running as well as Jeff Green's Winston Cup car. (I'm
      quickly typing this up at work.)
      If I get a chance in the next week, I'll give you all a more detailed
      rundown of the trip, in which I picked up tracks 492-503 and added
      two new states and two new provinces.
      Illinois
      Pecatonica -- Pecatonica Motor Speedway, 1/2-mile dirt, BMARA
      midgets, July 13, 2002
      Iowa
      Pacific Junction -- Mid America Motorplex, 2.23-mile road course, Pro
      Miatas, Mid-America stocks, July 14, 2002
      Nebraska
      Stuart -- Stuart Community Track, 1/4-mile dirt, winged limited
      sprints, July 14, 2002
      Saskatchewan
      Estevan -- Estevan Motor Speedway, 3/8-mile black gumbo, IMCA
      modifieds, July 15, 2002 (highlight of trip)
      North Dakota
      Williston -- Williston Basin Speedway, 1/3-mile dirt, IMCA mods, July
      16, 2002
      Idaho
      Post Falls -- Stateline Speedway, 1/4-mile paved, stocks, July 17,
      2002
      Washington
      Yakima -- State Fair Speedway, 3/8-mile dirt, NST winged sprints,
      July 18, 2002
      Deming -- Deming Speedway, 1/6-mile dirt, mini-sprints, July 19, 2002
      Montana
      Kalispell -- Raceway Park, 1/4-mile paved, late models, July 20, 2002
      (Track No. 500)
      Alberta
      An unexpected double:
      Calgary -- Race City Motorsports Park, 1/2-mile paved, CASCAR LMs,
      July 21, 2002
      Calgary -- Race City Motorsports Park, 2-mile road course, sports
      cars, July 21, 2002
      Minnesota
      Canby -- Renegade Speedway, 1/4-mile dirt, WISSOTA modifieds, July
      25, 2002

      Dale O'Brien