[TrackChasers] stuff

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 27 3:18 PM
      Hi everyone,

      Thanks for all the information and experiences shared on this list. They are
      always appreciated.

      Ron, I enjoyed your photos of Lemoore. What state line did you cross going
      to Kings and Lemoore anyway? Did California secretly split up?

      Andy, I'm looking forward to the tee shirts. Since the official line of
      TrackChaser merchandise hasn't gotten off the ground yet, at least we'll
      have a way to advertise (in addition to all of Randy's interviews with
      various track announcers).

      Colin C., I hope you will have your finished track list with you on your
      upcoming USA travels. I just might show up at Angell Park, but if not,
      hopefully I'll see you at Grandview on the 16th. Just think, you could be
      the Rick Schneider of England!

      --Will
    • RRodda1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27 5:18 PM
        Actually, it was driving from Lemoore to Reno.  Ron
      • rpmgordy
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2013
          Greetings from your breadman emeritus.

          Just a few thoughts. I will be at Waynesfield Speedway (OH) on
          Saturday, 141 Speedway (WI) on Sunday and Lawrenceburg Speedway (IN) on Monday
          should you want to hook up. All weather permitting of course. (Jack and/or
          Dale?)

          Dustin,

          Enjoy your northwest excursion. I hope to be out that way over July
          4. The scenery alone makes the trip worthwhile. If I find alternatives for
          you during my research, I will post them.

          Last night was the opening of the Kutztown Fairgrounds. Laughable and
          pathetic were terms most often used to describe the lack of organization
          with regards to running a show. A huge crowd was sent home at 9:50 during
          the second of 4 features due to rain that all involved had to know was
          coming. Ever since the current management took over the track, their arrogance
          over their ability to run a program grew exponentially. They made every
          mistake I predicted they would and more. It appears as if they never anticipated
          any of their mistakes, unable to fathom even the most rudimentary
          procedures. You only get 1 chance to make a first impression, and failed miserably
          in front of the largest crowd I ever saw there. Worst of all were the 2
          clowns announcing that performed little of their proper duties over a PA
          system louder than the race cars. My ears are still bleeding. Just as bad were
          the flagging and on track officials calls that were embarassingly
          inconsistent. Throw in the disgusting pizza dude and the 30+ minutes it took to leave
          the log jam of a parking lot and you might have seen the death blow on week
          one. What a shame.

          Enjoy your holiday weekend.

          Gordy

        • Dustin Jarrett
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2013
            Thanks, Gordy...  have you been to Waynesfield before?  It's only 15 miles from my house.  Last week, they had 38 Non-Wings for a regular show.

            DJ

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2013
              Dustin,

              Never have been there. They have NRA and SOD on Saturday. 141 will
              also be knew. It will be my first time at Lawrenceburg since they changed
              it. I loved the old track so much that I put it off because I didn't want to
              alter my memories, I guess. Same is true for Kokomo. I guess you can teach
              an old breadman new tricks. Enjoy your trip.

              Gordy

            • brenda ferrell
              Message 6 of 8 , May 24, 2013
                Gordy,

                I'll be at Waynesfield. I'll call Jack about you coming to 141. Roger
                Brenda

                To: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , May 26, 2013
                  Gordy,

                  I am not 100% sure what I am going to do over July 4, but I am also looking at the Pacific northwest - specifically Oregon. If I go, my schedule will probably be:

                  Monday, July 1: Southern Oregon Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
                  Tuesday, July 2: Coos Bay Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
                  Wednesday, July 3: Willamette Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
                  Thursday, July 4: Sunset Speedway (NW Extreme Late Models)
                  Friday, July 5: Cottage Grove Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
                  Saturday, July 6: River City Raceway (Regular show)

                  I think there is only one other regular weekly oval track in Oregon, Douglas County Speedway, but they aren't running the weekend before or after July 4. If they were running the weekend before, I'd probably try to go out earlier. It seems like a good week to get a lot of tracks in one state.

                  Edward
                • rpmgordy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 10, 2014
                    Greetings from your breadman emeritus,

                         I went to do my taxes today, and ran into childhood friend, Bob Hoover. He told me he used to work with our Jeff Sands before recently retiring. He'd also recently run into another friend from my youth, Morris Hurwitz. Moe, as he's known at work, has the same employer as our Mike Knappenberger. The odds of these random meetings get lower all the time.

                         No racing this weekend, though I was tempted to accept a ride to Smokey Mountain Raceway where I might've joined up with Mr. Garrison. Supporting my ill uncle in the hospital in Milford, DE took precedent. I did go to the disappointing Phillipsburg Mall car show with Rich Rauser where I crossed paths with our Bing Metz. These mall shows appear to be dead, as participation is waning fast.

                         Future trackchasing is up in the air, as I have my first job interview in more than 34 years tomorrow. If they turn me down, I will be south bound come Friday with a Monday return possible. Alternatives in AL, GA, SC and TN could see some serious miles put on the Camaro. All is weather and job situation dependent, but interested accomplices will be welcome if plans come to fruition.

                         A new Hoseheads column will be turned out today. I was always surprised by the response I got from my regional racing paper missives. Being on an established, respected web site has expanded boundaries world wide. It's quite gratifying. I'd forgotten how much I missed writing and the rewards for doing so. Perhaps that will encourage more participation here. The stories of the travels are the most enjoyable posts. Not using this forum to do so for whatever reason(s) serves no real purpose. As the moderator often says, "We want more!" Happy travels, everyone.

                    Gordy