[TrackChasers] 30 to go

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      A Friday afternoon check of the Weather Channel after work found at least 3
      or 4 bands of rain moving across upstate New York. Thus I canceled my
      planned trip to Caroga Creek for Slingshots.

      This afternoon I met Guy at New Jersey Off Road Vehicle Park in Chatsworth,
      where he confirmed that Caroga was rained out. So I made 2 consecutive good
      Friday calls after Frozen Ocean canceled last week.

      NJORVP was a disappointment after seeing the CORR last week at Unadilla.
      There were few trucks and buggies. The layout was pretty good, sandy with
      lots of ups and downs. But even a 10 lap race is just too long as most of
      them end up breaking down long before 10 laps.

      It was hot day, sunny and 90 degrees. Only a very few people spectating.
      This was the 3rd consecutive new track where I didn't have to pay to enter.
      For me it was track #470, for Guy #778. I'm done for the weekend while Guy
      plans to do Starlite, NY, tomorrow.

      NJORVP runs again tomorrow. According to the printed schedule, countable
      races run from about 10:30 am to 1:30 pm. (something like that, trying to
      remember from Guy's schedule). The only other countable, wheel to wheel
      racing, at the track this year will be on September 7-8.

      --Will