Midweek racing

  • Ed.J.Esser@Universal-Silencer.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      Our Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday shows are in full swing here in
      Wisconsin and we look forward to some visits from you long distance
      visitors in the next couple of months. Wednesday was another get together
      at Manitowoc and the O'Brien brothers figured a way to better separate Mr.
      Erdmann and myself as we sat in different rows. The weather has turned
      summer - apparently spring was canceled - however with the large amount of
      rain that came overnight we were thankful that they went ahead and worked
      in the track and ran their "regular show" Wednesday night. The show went a
      little late with some extra delays to pull cars from the mud when they went
      in the infield. The crowd was somewhat light but school is still on and
      again the weather was not the greatest. I just don't understand why Jack
      is so sensitive - Sure I did strut up to the grandstand with my North
      Florida Motor Speedway shirt on and stand in front of him so he could get a
      good look at it - it's just another track. Who cares that he has tried (and
      failed) to get that track on at least 3 different occasions? The Blazer is
      back operating quietly (now at 797,600 miles) with a new muffler and after
      the races I insisted that Jack look under my car to make sure it was a
      quality job and see the new parts (Managers should know this stuff) - of
      course I did NOT think it necessary to point out that I parked over a
      puddle BEFORE he looked under the car. Thursday was another Kaukauna show
      and the car counts are up. The weather was warm but we had a five minute
      shower that caused a delay in the heat races and there were tornado
      warnings so the crowd was off. ( they did run figure 8's) It looks like our
      Web Master has an aggressive schedule for the first 2 weeks of July. We'll
      get his Wisconsin track count respectable!
      I haven't done a June plan yet but this weekend might be Tipton, IA tonight
      (iffy weather), Knoxville, IA Sat. night, The Milwaukee mile Sunday aft.
      and Sun Prairie Sun. night. AVSS sprints will be at Madison International
      on Friday the 7th.
      See you all at the Speedways.
      Ed.