Re: [TrackChasers] Paradise Speedway, Maui, Hawaii - Track #534

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2001
      Randy Lewis wrote:

      > Carol is the only non-listed trackchaser to have twice
      > as many tracks in a particular state as any other
      > ranked trackchaser. I am the only living ranked
      > trackchaser to have three times as many tracks in an
      > individual state as any other ranked trackchaser
      > (Will, like the choice of words?).

      Randy,

      You sufficiently corrected yourself when you added the word "living" to your feat of
      tripling other ranked chasers in a single state. That, of course, gets around the fact
      that the late Pappy Hough has 3 Rhode Island tracks on his list. Congratulations on
      finding another "first" for yourself, even if it wasn't quite as impressive sounding as
      you may have originally hoped.

      However, I find fault with your wording on Carol's Hawaiian accomplishment. Using your
      definition of non-listed trackchaser as meaning anyone who has seen a live race but is
      neither a ranked nor a listed trackchaser, then I would seriously doubt the claim that
      Carol is the only non-listed trackchaser to have twice as many tracks in a particular
      state as any other ranked trackchaser. For example, I would think it is very probable
      that someone else (somewhere out there) has seen races at 4 Utah tracks, or at 2 Rhode
      Island tracks, just to name a couple of possibilities.

      At any rate, thanks for the reports, as always. I've finally added some more of them to
      trackchaser.com and plan to get the rest added in the near future.

      --Will