Hillside

  • Allan Brown
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
      Gordy,

      Goldstein Lawn & Garden
      287 Gifford Rd
      Westport, MA 02790

      508-678-0381

      The track is listed as running Micro-Sprints. Can someone tell me what is
      the difference between a Micro-Sprint and a Modified-Midget? The cars had
      suspensions, right?

      Were some of the guys or gals the same that run at Whip City?

      Allan
    • Randy Lewis
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
        At the Arizona State Fairgrounds they called what I
        thought were Micro Sprints, Modified-Midgets. Didn't
        notice if they had suspentions but they did have car
        numbers which is my minimum requirement for calling a
        car a race car.

        Randy

        --- Allan Brown <speedways@...> wrote:
        > Gordy,
        >
        > Goldstein Lawn & Garden
        > 287 Gifford Rd
        > Westport, MA 02790
        >
        > 508-678-0381
        >
        > The track is listed as running Micro-Sprints. Can
        > someone tell me what is
        > the difference between a Micro-Sprint and a
        > Modified-Midget? The cars had
        > suspensions, right?
        >
        > Were some of the guys or gals the same that run at
        > Whip City?
        >
        > Allan

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Allan Brown
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
          Possible directions to Hillside. Someone let me know if these are correct.

          I-195 to exit 10, then 1.2 mile south SR 88, then 0.3 mile east on Briggs
          Road, then 0.8 mile south on Gifford Road

          Allan

          PS: It's 865.6 miles from Comstock Park. Don't expect to see me there.
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001

            I always thought that a Modified Midget and a Micro Sprint were basically the
            same car. I thought that Modified Midget was just the name used by NMMA for
            the same car.

            As per my phone call with Gordy on Tuesday, the cars at Hillside were not
            Micro Sprints. He described them to me as halfway between a Champ Kart and a
            Micro. He didn't say if they were suspended or rigid. Without seeing them,
            I am guessing they are like the cars from Canada that were called Hurricane
            Midgets, aka Champ Karts on steroids; or the ones that run at Nature's
            Finest, Dorchester, Grand Bend, etc.

            Gordy? Bruce? Pat? Will? What do you think?

            GuySmith
          • RPMGORDY@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
              The cars running Hillside were fully suspended microsprint chassis using star tecumseh motors that are ususally found in champkarts instead of the normal motorcycle engines. They're just a more affordable version of a micro. Besides, you can never have enough divisions in this sport. NOT! In my opinion, such variations in a division just adds to the confusion and is a bad idea no matter how good the intentions.              Gordy
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
                Allan Brown wrote:

                > Possible directions to Hillside. Someone let me know if these are correct.
                >
                > I-195 to exit 10, then 1.2 mile south SR 88, then 0.3 mile east on Briggs
                > Road, then 0.8 mile south on Gifford Road

                Allan,

                Those directions sound about right.

                --Will
              • RPMGORDY@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
                  Hello everyone. Just thought I'd fill you in on the Hillside schedule. They are running there on Nov. 4, 18 and 25 as long as the weather is good. On Nov. 11 the micro club is going to run that other track near Seekonk. Directions that I have are take exit 1 off I-195. Go north on rt. 114A to rt. 152. Go north on 152 about a half mile past the second traffic light and look for a shopping center on the right that has St. Mary's church beside or behind it. The track is next to the church. As of now I plan on going. Perhaps another group gathering is in order. Starting time for all shows is 1:00pm. Let me know if you want to join in for the journey. Adios.            Gordy
                • Bruce Eckel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
                    Gordy,  Sign us up for the road trip on Nov. 11th to the other track.  Did anyone determine if the track is located in Massachussets or Rhode Island???  No matter, we will be there.  Contact us on a group invasion effort like last time.    Bruce and Pat
                    Hello everyone. Just thought I'd fill you in on the Hillside schedule. They are running there on Nov. 4, 18 and 25 as long as the weather is good. On Nov. 11 the micro club is going to run that other track near Seekonk. Directions that I have are take exit 1 off I-195. Go north on rt. 114A to rt. 152. Go north on 152 about a half mile past the second traffic light and look for a shopping center on the right that has St. Mary's church beside or behind it. The track is next to the church. As of now I plan on going. Perhaps another group gathering is in order. Starting time for all shows is 1:00pm. Let me know if you want to join in for the journey. Adios.            Gordy

                    Community email addresses:
                      Post message: TrackChasers@egroups.com
                      Subscribe:    TrackChasers-subscribe@egroups.com

                      http://www.egroups.com/community/TrackChasers

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
                      Bruce Eckel wrote:
                      Gordy,  Sign us up for the road trip on Nov. 11th to the other track.  Did anyone determine if the track is located in Massachussets or Rhode Island???

                      Bruce,
                      Using Gordy's directions and an online street map it would seem to be just on the Mass. side of the border. That's just my best guess though.

                      --Will