Hillview Tavern Update

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014

      Eleanor Weidman mailed an add for the lawn mower racing at Hillview Tavern in Esperance, NY.  The add has a schedule, and shows that the club, the Capital District Lawn Mower Racing Organization, has a new track in addition to Esperance, located in Sprakers.  It mentions that the club has a Facebook page.

      HOWEVER, I did a quick scan of the page on Facebook and it no longer seems that they have a Mini Sprint class, and that was the only car racing class raced at the track or with the club three years ago when a few of us went to their races.  But certainly give the FB page a closer look if it is something that interests you.

      Guy Smith
    • Eleanor Weidman
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
        Hi Guy,
        Thanks for checking on that.

        To all,
        Paul, had surgery early tues am. Had a cut on ear that would not heal and spot on forehead.  Both were the good cancer which is the best to have. While he was in recovery room the Hospital went into LOCKDOWN.  Nurses got calls from home that it was already on news someone seen with a gun.  We were put in small conference rooms with 10 in a room.  Just before they closed our door they came for me to match patients with family members in they recovery rooms.  I did okay till nurse went over his 24 and 48 hour rules.Then I started to get sick almost passing out I quick sat on his floor to hear rest of rules. His cousin was with me as I  always pass out. Today Thrus we removed his turban that was on his head.  Had pressure over eye last night, today I saw he had a blackeye.  Now a week out of work to let heal.
        See you all later eleanor

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
          Eleanor,

          Please let Paul know he is wished a speedy recovery.
          Take care,
          Will

          On 8/7/2014 7:00 PM, Eleanor Weidman pewseerace@... [TrackChasers]
          wrote:

          > Paul, had surgery early tues am. Had a cut on ear that would not heal
          > and spot on forehead. Both were the good cancer which is the best to
          > have. While he was in recovery room the Hospital went into LOCKDOWN.
          > Nurses got calls from home that it was already on news someone seen with
          > a gun. We were put in small conference rooms with 10 in a room. Just
          > before they closed our door they came for me to match patients with
          > family members in they recovery rooms. I did okay till nurse went over
          > his 24 and 48 hour rules.Then I started to get sick almost passing out I
          > quick sat on his floor to hear rest of rules. His cousin was with me as
          > I always pass out. Today Thrus we removed his turban that was on his
          > head. Had pressure over eye last night, today I saw he had a blackeye.
          > Now a week out of work to let heal.
          > See you all later eleanor

        • Gordon Killian

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 23, 2014
              Guy,

              According to Harold Osmer's book "Where They Raced Lap 2", Bobby
              Allison's last NASCAR-sanctioned victory came on 6/11/1988 at Saugus
              Speedway in CA.