2014 TrackChaser Group Week 25 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2014

      (Weekly Listserve Update #181)  Another big and successful week for our group as no fewer than 17 different TrackChasers racked up an impressive 29 new track visits.  Twenty-Seven of the visits were from the last week, with two from the week prior as I didn't get Pat Eckel's text message report because I had my cell phone off the entire time while in Europe.

      The big event was the GRC Rallycross at RFK Stadium.  District of Columbia races are few and far between, and no less than nine TrackChasers attended one of the two days.

      Multiple tracks were added for new fewer than 11.  Those that visited two tracks were Bruce and Pat Eckel (including the one from the previous week), Guy and Pam Smith, Roland Vanden Eynde, Vince Sadowski, Superhero Dave Garrison, Brian Hickey, Edward Corrado, Gordy Killian, Roger Ferrell, and Dale O'Brien.

      Single track visits were made by Dave Ludwig, Paul Weisel, Bing Metz, Mike Knappenberger, and Will White.

      In addition, we celebrate another new track list added to the roamingtheraceways website.  Russel Frei of Sellersville, PA has an impressive 105 track list including some classic old PA and NJ tracks, and they are now available to share via the website.  Check them out when you get a chance.  Russel is a friend of the Eckels, and thanks goes out to them for recruiting another person for our group.  Please continue to encourage those that have been to at least 100 tracks to get involved.  New blood makes the group more diverse and interesting.

      The Smiths and Roland Vanden Eynde each attended two races in Norway, and those track visits became only numbers 3-8 ever for the group in that mostly unexplored country.  Norway became the 10th country visited for a new track by someone in the group in 2014.  Dale O'Brien made Oklahoma state number 31 for the year, and the District of Columbia was another new region for this season.

      New tracks continue to pop up all over the place.  Dave Garrison contributed two new locations/tracks, both dirt ovals, at the Oldham County Fairgrounds and the Woodford County Fairgrounds, and both in Kentucky.  RFK Stadium was a new track at a previous race location.  And Roger Ferrell added both an oval and F8 track at the Deer Creek Park Arena, MI.  It certainly looks like we will never run out of new tracks to explore.

      A new track was visited for the 84th straight week.  Adding 29 more 2014 tracks increases the annual total past the 350 mark to 376.  That's not enough, we want more!  The 400 mark should fall either this weekend or next.  Edward Corrado added two new tracks, and now has 63 new tracks for the year.

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2014 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-24 (JANUARY 1 - JUNE 15)

      06/14  Bruce Eckel--Charleston Speedway, IL
      06/14  Pat Eckel--Charleston Speedway, IL

      2014 WEEK 25 ADDITIONS (JUNE 16 - JUNE 22)

      Thursday, June 19

      Vince Sadowski--Northeast Fairgrounds, PA

      Friday, June 20

      Dave Garrison--Oldham County Fairgrounds, KY
      Brian Hickey--Doe Run Speedway, MO
      Dale O'Brien--West Siloam Springs Speedway, OK

      Saturday, June 21

      Edward Corrado--Pennscreek Raceway, PA
      Roger Ferrell--Deer Creek Park Arena Oval, MI
      Roger Ferrell--Deer Creek Park Arena F8, MI
      Dave Garrison--Woodford County Fairgrounds, KY
      Gordy Killian--Thompson Int. Speedway (Road Circuit), CT
      Dave Ludwig--Waterford Speedbowl, CT
      Bing Metz--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Dale O'Brien--I-44 Riverside Speedway, OK
      Guy Smith--Drevsjo Motorsenter, Norway
      Pam Smith--Drevsjo Motorsenter, Norway
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Drevsjo Motorsenter, Norway
      Paul Weisel--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC

      Sunday, June 22

      Edward Corrado--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Bruce Eckel--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Pat Eckel--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Brian Hickey--
      RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Gordy Killian--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Mike Knappenberger--RFK Stadium Mixed, DC
      Vince Sadowski--Poughkeepsie Speedway, NY
      Guy Smith--Rudskogen Motorsenter, Norway
      Pam Smith--Rudskogen Motorsenter, Norway
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Rudskogen Motorsenter, Norway
      Will White-
      -RFK Stadium Mixed, DC

      *****

      2014 SUMMARY

      2014 New Track Visits Reported --376 (+29)
      2014 Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks Added This Year--40
      2014 US States Visited for New Tracks--31 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WY, DC) (+1)
      2014 Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)
      2014 Countries Visited for New Tracks--10 (AUS, BEL, CAN, FIN, FRA, GBR, NLD, NOR, NZL, USA) (+1)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported New Track Visits--40,829 (+134)
      Lifetime Unique Number of Different Tracks Visited--(6000+, Approximate at this time)
      Lifetime Unique Track Locations Visited--
      (4600+, Approximate at this time)
      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--182
      Different Countries Where Listed Persons Have Seen Racing--76
      Total Number of Track Lists Published--106 (Deleted: 2 drivers by rule change, 1 TC by request)

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed (I am working on this for everyone)
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!