Oxford in September?

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2014
      I am planning to go to a conference at Oxford University this September and it looks like I should be able to go see some races (after the conference is over) on Friday-Sunday, 19-21 September. I have found some scheduled races online but having never seen any races in the UK (actually, only one race ever in Europe), I am open to some suggestions as to good tracks to see that are running that weekend. While I'll be in England, if transportation options are cheap enough, I can be flexible with the location.

    • Colin Casserley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2014
        Hi

        That weekend is the F1 stock car world final at Coventry, West
        Midlands. It is Friday night for overseas drivers, Saturday is the
        World Final meeting. Sunday is Northampton International Raceway for
        the World masters. Certainly Saturday and Sunday are good meetings (
        Shows in the USA!)

        Take a look at this site for details of F1 stock cars, which are the
        premier oval track formula in UK www.f1stockcars.com .. for schedule
        look for "Fixtures" http://f1stockcars.com/fixture-list/

        If you need any more info let me know

        Thanks

        Colin Casserley

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2014
          Edward:

          Pam and I saw a great event at Northampton, so we can certainly put in a good word for that track.  Highly recommended.  You will love the BriSCA racing.  Not only did we see a great race, but we saw Mark Kelly, Colin Herridge, Colin Casserley, and Spike Rixon there as well.

          I am planning to go to a conference at Oxford University this September
          and it looks like I should be able to go see some races (after the
          conference is over) on Friday-Sunday, 19-21 September. I have found
          some scheduled races online but having never seen any races in the UK
          (actually, only one race ever in Europe), I am open to some suggestions
          as to good tracks to see that are running that weekend. While I'll be
          in England, if transportation options are cheap enough, I can be
          flexible with the location.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: