2014 TrackChaser Group Week 24 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2014

      (Weekly Listserve Update #180)  Seventeen new track visits in eight states and two countries were reported last week by 12 different members of our group.

      Chris Tyrrel and Brian Hickey led the way with three news tracks each.  Brian's were in three different states.  Dustin Jarrett got out of the booth long enough to see two new tracks in Indiana.

      Superhero Dave Garrison, added a new track in his native Kentucky.  Paul Weisel checked out the Legends races before the Monster Truck show at the Meadowlands Metlife Stadium.  Mike Knappenberger and Gordy Killian each headed to New England for the first figure-8 race at the Goshen Stampede Fairgrounds.  Guy & Pam Smith, along with Roland Vanden Eynde made their way to Finland to see a paved road circuit.  And both Roger Ferrell and Norm Wagner also visited a new location for figure-8 racing, the Paulding County Fairgrounds in Ohio.

      No new US states were visited for the first time this weekend, but Finland became the ninth different countries for the TrackChasers to claim in 2014.  Finland is a seldom-visited country by the group, with only the Smiths and Roland having it our their track list among the TrackChasers, although it also appears on the track list of no fewer than ten of our research group project drivers.

      Several of our members were out charting new territory for the group.  The Paulding County Fairgrounds, OH; Meadowlands Metlife Stadium, NJ; Goshen Stampede Fairgrounds, CT; and the Carroll County Fairgrounds Oval, KY were all tracks not in the database.

      Dustin Jarrett was the 40th person to have a new track in 2014, 38 TrackChasers and two research group project drivers.

      New tracks were visited for the 83rd consecutive week.  The 17 newly added tracks brings the total up to 347 for the year.  That's not enough, we want more.  Edward Corrado, who has the most new tracks this year, spent the weekend in Jerusalem, Israel; and saw no races.

      This week's update comes live from Norway.

      2014 WEEK 24 ADDITIONS (JUNE 9 - JUNE 15)

      Friday, June 13

      Brian Hickey--Toledo Speedway (Outer), OH
      Chris Tyrrel--Raceway 7, OH

      Saturday, June 14

      Roger Ferrell--Paulding County Fairgrounds, OH
      Brian Hickey--Randolph County Raceway, MO
      Dave Garrison--Carroll County Fairgrounds, KY
      Dustin Jarrett--Plymouth Speedway (Outer), IN
      Dustin Jarrett--Plymouth Speedway (Inner), IN
      Chris Tyrrel--Lake Erie Speedway, PA
      Norm Wagner--Paulding County Fairgrounds, OH
      Paul Weisel--Meadowlands Metlife Stadium, NJ

      Sunday, June 15

      Brian Hickey--Dawson County Raceway, NE
      Gordy Killian--Goshen Stampede Fairgrounds, CT
      Mike Knappenberger--Goshen Stampede Fairgrounds, CT
      Guy Smith--Ahveniston Moottoriata, Finland
      Pam Smith--Ahveniston Moottoriata, Finland
      Chris Tyrrel--Eriez Speedway, PA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Ahveniston Moottoriata, Finland

      2014 SUMMARY

      2014 New Track Visits Reported --347 (+17)
      2014 Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks Added This Year--40
      2014 US States Visited for New Tracks--30 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WY) (+1)
      2014 Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)
      2014 Countries Visited for New Tracks--9 (AUS, BEL, CAN, FIN, FRA, GBR, NLD, NZL, USA) (+1)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported New Track Visits--40,695 (+17)
      Lifetime Unique Number of Different Tracks Visited--(6000+, Approximate at this time)
      Lifetime Unique Track Locations Visited--
      (4600+, Approximate at this time)
      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--182
      Different Countries Where Listed Persons Have Seen Racing--76
      Total Number of Track Lists Published--105 (Deleted: 2 drivers by rule change, 1 TC by request)

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed (I am working on this for everyone)
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!