upcoming vacation

  • Dustin Jarrett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2014
      Each year, I try to sneak away from the comfy confines of the Eldora tower to visit a few new race tracks.  This year is no exception and, in just over a week, I'll be off on a solo journey to the southwest to add a few new tracks and states to my resume.  The schedule is as follows:

      6/20 - Fairgrounds Speedway; Cortez, CO (regular show)
      6/21 - Arizona Speedway at ET Motopark; Queen Creek, AZ (CDM Late Models)
      6/24 - Heart O'Texas Speedway; Elm Mott, TX (USMTS Modifieds)
      6/25 - Devil's Bowl Speedway; Mesquite, TX (USMTS Modifieds)
      6/27 - Diamond Mountain Speedway; Vernal, UT (Wild West Tour Modifieds)
      6/28 - Aztec Speedway; Aztec, NM (regular show)

      If all goes as planned - easier said than done, as we all know - it would boost my totals to 180 tracks and 42 states. Fingers crossed...

      DJ
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2014
        Looks great, Dustin.  Should be a great time.  Lots of interesting tracks there that I hope to get to some day.  Let us know how you are making out/made out.  Guy

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2014
          DJ,

          Pretty ambitious. Hope you pull it off.

           Gordy

          Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 22, 2016
            Kimberly & I are about to embark on a vacation I've been planning & looking forward to for over a year.  Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, & the Dakotas will be our destination...4 national parks and 7 new race tracks in 11 days.

            National Parks - Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier, Badlands

            Race Tracks - Gallatin (MT), Idaho Falls (ID), McLean County (ND), Black Hills (SD), Billings (MT), Electric City (MT), Sweetwater (WY)

            We could actually see a race every day if we really wanted to...but, as much as I love racing, I also love sight-seeing and being a tourist so we're going to make sure we have plenty of time to do both.

            We fly out of PIttsburgh tomorrow (Thursday) night and arrive back the night of Tuesday, July 5.

            DJ
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 22, 2016
              Have a great trip, DJ (and Coach Kim).  I think Jack Erdmann has planned to be at many of those races.  Not sure if you know him, but keep an eye out for Jack if you do.  I am planning on doing that trip next summer if they still have that race week scheduled.  --Guy

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 22, 2016
                Thanks, Guy...looking forward to it!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 22, 2016
                  Dustin,

                  Sounds like a wonderful vacation.  Hope you & Kimberly have a wonderful time & good weather.  Good mixture of sightseeing & racing.  Enjoy!

                  Bruce Eckel

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 23, 2016
                    Thanks, Bruce!!
                    DJ