4 this weekend

  • Edward M Corrado
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18 6:33 PM
      After the big TrackChaser gathering on Saturday afternoon at Evansville MX I headed to the dirt track at Oakland Valley in Cuddebackville NY for the Empire Slingshot tour. I pulled in and heat races for the slingshots were coming out followed by champ karts. The track was pretty dusty but the racing wasn't bad.

      I wasn't sure what I was going to do on Sunday but I ended up going to Pomfret Speedway in Pomfret, CT for a big champ kart gathering. I showed up at about 10:45 and the drivers meeting started at 11:00am. The first heat race, the money Sr. Champ Kart class hit the track first at 11:30 or so. The track was good but it took an awful long time to get racing again after spins. After watching all sorts of unnamed (really unannounced) champ kart classes and a few flat kart races I hit the road. Earlier in the day I had contacted the Nutmeg Kart Club to see if any Sr. Champ Karts showed up for their races at the Berlin Fairgrounds. I was told that some did and their feature would be about 3:00-3:30. I pulled in after an hour drive from Pomfret about 2:30 on the middle of what i was told was a 1 to 1.5 hour intermission (it was at least 45 minutes because that is what I saw of it). The first feature race of the day started at about 3:15. The 3 Sr. Camp Karts were about 8th on the schedule. Their race started about 4pm. It was uneventful since the 3 karts were not all that close in speed. The flat kart classes were fun though.

      I considered stopping at the WoO sprint car race at Orange County Fair Speedway tonight as I drove right near it before they started time trials but I decided to just head home. With a total of zero lead changes in the feature and Pittman apparently winning easily, it sounds like I didn't miss much.

      New tracks this weekend:
      5/17 - Evansville MX Figure 8 (Stocks)
      5/17 - Oakland Valley Raceway - dirt oval (Slingshots)

      5/18 - Pomfret Speedway - paved oval (Champ karts)
      5/18 - Berlin Fairgrounds - dirt oval (Champ karts)

      --
      Edward M. Corrado
    • snakeyk1usa
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18 7:30 PM
        I am glad to hear you were able to get both Sunday. Grandsons game went well. Kept busy all day so should be ready to hit the road next weekend. Mike K
      • Brian