Cleavland Speedway replaced with Boyd's Speedway for Southern All Stars opener.

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014
      The Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series has just posted an announcement that they moved their March 22 season opener from Cleveland Speedway to Boyd's Speedway in Ringgold GA. Probably not a surprise they would move it as Cleveland Speedway has been hanging on by a thread the last two years. For those who are interested in the fate of Cleveland Speedway, here is a news article: http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/24686583/article-Trustee-puts-brakes-on-Speedway-proposed-sale--Final-lap-nearing

      For those interested in the Southern All Stars announcement, see: http://allstar.bluedomino.com//results/2014/news030514.html
    • BHICKEYJR@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2014
        It looks like Hartford Speedway in Michigan, is going to reopen this year. The story is on their website.

        http://hartfordspeedway.net/

        Brian

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2014
          I think when I was there they might have had a small inner track?? Six years is a long time so can someone confirm? I did not get the small track if there is one? Thank you in advance Mike K
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 11, 2014
            Mike:

            You were at Cleveland Speedway twice.  You went back with me less than three years ago, in late March of 2011.  We went to Dawgwood, GA in the afternoon for a big Champ Kart race.  Rick Schneider was there.  Then we went to Cleveland that night.  I was surprised that they had a full field of Late Models.  We saw a real, real good feature there.  I don't think there was any kind of inner track.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 11, 2014
              Sorry if I mixed everyone up. I usually type on my small phone while on bike or treadmill. I meant an Inner track at Hartford Michigan. I might be wrong then as I had a company that night. :)
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 11, 2014
                Mike:

                Yes, there was an inner track at Hartford, MI.  I don't believe it was active for at least the past five years.  TrackChasers with it on their track lists are:

                Rick Schneider
                Allan Brown
                PJ Hollebrand
                Norm Wagner