Auburndale Speedway Legend Cars WinterNationals next week

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2014
      In typical short track fashion, it is hard to find starting times for races, but buried in a comment on a facebook event page, I located a schedule for the Legend Cars WinterNationals at Auburndale Speedway for Feb 16-20 (countable races Feb 17-20). I am not 100% sure this won't change, so check if you are going. They are running during the day, so this may be helpful for anyone that doesn't have it because you can still get somewhere else at night. They also are running a regular show on Sat, Feb 15 starting at 3:00pm but it looks like no figure 8 cars, which I was hoping for.

      Sunday
      Parking/Practice/Party
      Gates open at 9 am
      Open Practice at 12 noon to 5pm
      Pizza Party at 5pm
      Track rental 6 pm-10 pm

      Monday through Thursday
      Gate officially opens at 8 am
      Drivers Meeting 9am
      Open practice 10am-11am
      European Qualifying begins at 11:15
      30 minute Lunch break
      Racing begins
      Bandolero Bandit Beginer 12 Laps
      Bandit 20 Lap
      Outlaw 20 Lap
      Young Lion 30 Lap
      Semi Pro 30 Lap
      Master 30 Lap
      Pro 30 Lap
    • Bruce Eckel
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2014

        Edward,

        If Auburndale has not changed they run a long program.  Also the last time Pat and I along with Ed Esser were there it was $30 to get in.  Way over priced but if you don't have the track that's probably what you will have to pay.

        Bruce

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2014
          Thanks for the info Bruce. I'll keep your experiences in mind. I'm still up in the air on what tracks I'm going to on what days but the mid-day schedule does make Auburndale tempting since I could go there and somewhere else (hopefully).

          Edward

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2014

            Edward,

            We will be at East Bay this Friday and Saturday, Bronson Sunday afternoon and Bubba's Sunday night.  Then it's on to New Smyrna on Monday, Volusia Tuesday and Wednesday, Bubba's Thursday and Friday with Showtime on Saturday.  If you are going to be at any of these venues look for us.  Have a safe trip.

            Bruce and Pat

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2014
              Hi Bruce,

              I'll let you know. Of the races you are planing to attend, Bronson is a strong possibility and New Smyrna on Monday is a possibility as well.

              Edward

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2014
                Edward,

                Any chance you'll be at Daytona Tuesday?

                 Gordy

                Sent from AOL Mobile Mail