EARHS

  • rpmgordy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2014
      Greetings from your breadman emritus,

           Some of you may know that I've had Kevin Eckert as a house guest since New Year's Eve. His presence has led to a lot of reminiscing down memory lane. If your ears have been ringing, it's because many a trackchaser have been mentioned many a times during our discourse. People and events that had recessed into the back of my mind have been popping up constantly at the unlikeliest of moments and references. The #1 by-product of this hobby for me has been the friendships established around the world. The memories made are priceless for me, even when current detractors are involved. Kevin just happens to be a historian and stat geek. He is currently involved with the Arizona Museum of Auto Racing. Speaking of such led to the discussion of other such museums. It behooved me to ask if he'd ever been to the EARHS of Paul Weisel. A call was made to Paul, and a time was made to meet there yesterday. I like racing museums. I have a brick at the NSCHoF and donated to Ed Esser's plaque in Belleville. I never pass up a chance to stop, visit and donate to such places. If the past is forgotten, the present and future are meaningless. I always enjoy walking Paul's place. Getting to do so while 2 historians swapped banter just enhanced the deal. Thank you, Paul, for making time to do so. For those that have never been to the EARHS, I highly recommend fitting it into your schedule if possible. And don't forget to hit the jar on the way out. Maintaining such a deal isn't cheap. Adios.

      Gordy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2014
        TrackChasers:

        Perhaps even better than hitting the jar on the way out, support a great project headed by someone from our TrackChaser group year-round by becomming a member of the EARHS.  The membership form can be found on the EARHS website, and there is a link to it on my www.roamingtheracways.com site on the TrackChaser Links page.