2013 TrackChaser Week 52 Summary

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2014
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #156)  Indiana TrackChaser Roger Ferrell stepped to the plate in Florida on December 28 and lined a shot into the power alley.  Roger turned the line drive into an inside the park home run as "The Closer" put the final touches on the perfect TrackChaser group season.  For the first time ever, someone from the group attended a race at a new track in all 52 weeks of the year.  An absolutely amazing group accomplishment and testament to the success of the group and the amazing individuals that make it up.

      Roger was far from done in Florida.  His final Florida events will be grouped with 2014 Week 1, as we continue with the usual Monday-Sunday weeks.

      In addition to Roger's four new tracks, PJ Hollebrand did some research on his early TrackChasing efforts and supplied dates for two existing tracks as well as two new track additions for his list, one from the late 1950's, the other from the late 1960's.

      Another of the versatile European drivers was added as our latest "Project Driver", the Research Group continues to honor the diverse careers of some of racing's most well traveled drivers.  The latest addition is Oscar Larrauri from Granadero Baigorria, Santa Fe, Argentina.  Oscar has a confirmed total of 106 tracks in 21 different countries.  What is most amazing about this track list is that he has been to 30 different tracks in Argentina.  Previously, the most anyone had been to in Argentina was four!

      In addition, Oscar Larrauri has a track in Uruguay, a country never before visited for racing by anyone in our group. Uruguay becomes the 76th different country to be visited by someone in our group, either TrackChaser or Project Driver.  Another amazing accomplishment.

      The four new tracks for Roger brought the 2013 season total of new track visits to 810.  That's not enough, we want (a few) more!  Jeff Sands has the most new tracks in 2013 with 85.

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-51 (JANUARY 1 - DECEMBER 22)

      none

      2013 WEEK 52 ADDITIONS (DECEMBER 23 - DECEMBER 29)

      Saturday, December 28

      Roger Ferrell--DeSoto Speedway (Outer Oval), FL

      Roger Ferrell--DeSoto Speedway (Inner Oval), FL
      Roger Ferrell--DeSoto Speedway (Road Course), FL
      Roger Ferrell--DeSoto Speedway (Figure 8), FL

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--810

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--46

      US States Visited for New Tracks--42 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, WA, WI, WY)US States Not Visited This Year--8  (AK, HI, ID, MO, NM, ND, RI, UT)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--03 (AB, ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, VHS, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, ITA, KOR, MAR, NLD, NZL, RUS, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--37,266 (+4)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--148 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--76

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!

      Guy Smith
    • snakeyk1usa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2014
        Roger, Good job being the group closer. The Phillies might have interest in signing you
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2014
          Corrected version.  Still feeling the effects of pain killers and anesthesia from this morning's knee surgery resulted in an error in addition

[...]

          Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--37,374 (+112)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2014
            Roger Ferrell closes out the 2013 season on December 31, and Vince Sadowski opens 2014 the very next day.

            Roger, Good job being the group closer. The Phillies might have interest in signing you

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2014
              Guy,

              2013 was far from the first time that TrackChasers recorded new
              trackvisits in each week of the year. That feat was previously
              accomplished in 2004, 2008 and 2010 (at least).

              Will

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2014
                Wow!  Even more amazing.  It's mind boggling to me that someone from the group goes to a new track every single week in a given year.  The saying that there is no off season certainly applies.--Guy

                On 1/2/2014 3:55 PM, RTRYFBAR@... wrote: > TrackChasers: > > (Weekly Listserve Update #156) Indiana TrackChaser Roger Ferrell > stepped to the plate in Florida on December 28 and lined a shot into the > power alley. Roger turned the line drive into an inside the park home > run as "The Closer" put the final touches on the perfect TrackChaser > group season. For the first time ever, someone from the group attended > a race at a new track in all 52 weeks of the year. An absolutely > amazing group accomplishment and testament to the success of the group > and the amazing individuals that make it up. ------------------------------------ Community email addresses: Post message: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: TrackChasers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: TrackChasers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: TrackChasers-owner@yahoogroups.com Shortcut URL to this page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrackChasersYahoo Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrackChasers/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrackChasers/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: TrackChasers-digest@yahoogroups.com TrackChasers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: TrackChasers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2014
                  A record for the group to shoot for could be most days with new tracks
                  recorded in a calendar year. In 2007 we added new trackvisits on 220
                  days of the year.

                  Will