2013 TrackChaser Week 44 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #149)  If you thought our group TrackChasing activity during the last week of October was big, how about seventeen new track visits during the first weekend of November!

      Gordy Killian had a mini-run with five new tracks in the past two weeks, three this past weekend in California and Alabama.  Joining him with three new tracks the past weekend were both Bruce and Pat Eckel in California, and Mike Knappenberger in North Carolina and Georgia.

      Gordy's visit to Alabama was the first new track in Alabama this year.  Alabama became the 42nd US state from where a new track has been reported in 2013.  Fantastic.

      For Mike, it was his 999th track, with plans to become the 10th to reach 1,000 tracks while an active member of the group, before the end of the year.

      Two tracks were added by both Guy Smith in North Carolina and Georgia, and Brian Hickey in North Carolina.

      Finally, Edward Corrado made it to the Pagoda Motorcycle Club Speedway in Pennsylvania.

      Mike and Guy's visit to the Atlanta Motorsports Park was a first for the group at that location and track.  Mike, Guy, and Brian were the first to visit the inner oval at Rockfish Motorsports Park, resulting in a new track for the group at a previously visited location.

      New tracks from the past week were all added on Saturday or Sunday, typical for NovemberOur group has been to new tracks in each of the 44 weeks of 2013.  Could this be the week our weekly streak runs out for this year?  Very possible, I'm afraid.

      Seventeen more new tracks brings our total for the year to 774.  Perhaps 800 is not out of the question yet?  Not likely, but stay tuned!  In any case: That's not enough, we want more!

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-43 (JANUARY 1 - OCTOBER 27)

      none

      2013 WEEK 44 ADDITIONS (OCTOBER 28 - NOVEMBER 3)

      Saturday, November 2

      Bruce Eckel--Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, CA
      Bruce Eckel--California Speedway (Road Circuit), CA
      Pat Eckel--Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, CA
      Pat Eckel--California Speedway (Road Circuit), CA
      Brian Hickey
      --Rockfish Motorsports Park (Inner), NC

      Brian Hickey--Rockfish Motorsports Park (Outer), NC
      Gordy Killian--Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, CA
      Gordy Killian--California Speedway (Road Circuit), CA
      Mike Knappenberger--Rockfish Motorsports Park (Inner), NC

      Mike Knappenberger--Rockfish Motorsports Park (Oute)r, NC
      Guy Smith--Rockfish Motorsports Park (Inner), NC

      Sunday, November 3

      Edward Corrado--Pagoda Motorcycle Club Speedway, PA
      Bruce Eckel--Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, CA
      Pat Eckel--Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, CA
      Gordy Killian--East Alabama Motor Speedway, AL
      Mike Knappenberger--Atlanta Motorsports Park, GA
      Guy Smith--Atlanta Motorsports Park, GA

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--774

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--44

      US States Visited for New Tracks--42 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, WA, WI, WY)US States Not Yet Visited This Year--8  (AK, HI, ID, MO, NM, ND, RI, UT)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--03 (AB, ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--15 (AUS, BEL, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, ITA, KOR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36,895 (+17)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--148 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.