New York State Fairgrounds, Syracuse NY, Double Figure 8 (Track #275)

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 6:52 PM
      My original plan for Monday was Utica-Rome but they canceled due to a combination of heavy overnight rains and a bad forecast. I knew Mike and Jeff were going to the state fair for the, so I decided to join them for JM Productions Double Figure 8 racing. It was $5 to park, $10 to get in the fair, and $10 to get into the races for a total of $25 to see the race. They made a killing at the gate. The crowd was as big as it is for the modified feature during Super Dirt week. The show started with 5 heats for the double figure 8 cars. The track was one of the wider, and thus faster, ones I have seen, and the races were enjoyable. After the 5 heats, the rains came and they ran two demo derby heats. The track was so slick, the demo derby cars couldn't get any speed to make hard hits and they took forever. After 2 heats for the demo derby cars, the feature for the double figure 8 cars came out and the rain slowed down to a sprinkle. The race was pretty good even in the wet with last years winner winning again. Track #275 in the books.