White Mountain Motorsports Park, North Woodstock (Track #272)

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
      Saturday morning I left my house with the goal of getting to the last ever, but not really, race at Canaan Fair Speedway's paved track. the weather was a bit iffy so I had a few backup plans. Unfortunately I had to use them. The race was postponed until next weekend. Unfortunately I will be out of the country the next couple of weeks and unless things change, I'll have to add Canaan's paved oval to the list of ones' that got away.

      My first backup plan was Monadock. They also succumbed to the weather. I originally had two other backup plans, Wiscasset Speedway in Maine, and Sekonk in Massachusetts. I decided on Wiscasset at first, but when I hit the road were I had to make a choice to go north to White Moutnain Motorsports Park or keep going east to Wiscasset, I looked at the weather and Wiscasset looked iffy while White Mountain looked like they were still running. White Mountain, also was almost 2 hours closer, so I went north. Wiscasset did end up getting in the race, but I didn't make a a bad choice as White Mountain got their show in as well and it was a pretty packed night of racing. FWIW: Seekonk also got their show in Saturday night but cancelled today.

      I made it to White Mountain about an hour after starting time and thy were already on lap 117 of the first of two 150 lap PASS late model races. They also had 2 PASS 40 lap modified races and a regular show. Talk about a lot of laps of racing! With all that racing, I didn't mind missing 5/6's of the first PASS 150. Even with all of the racing and intermittent light showers, they ended at a reasonable time (helped by the 4pm starting time, of course). This was a good thing as when I got into my car a little after the race, the rain started coming down a little harder, possibly hard enough to stop the racing if it continued. I really liked the track and the clam chowder I purchased at the concession stand. Pretty good racing for a paved track too. The PASS Late Models series in the few times I've seen them always seem to put on a good show). All-in-all not a bad day but I'm still disappointed I didn't get to see Canaan.

      The plan is still Hudson and Legion today.
    • Bruce A. Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
        Glad you enjoyed WMMP, I was there and they do know how to pack a lotta racing into one night especially when bad weather is imminent. Canaan canceling explains why Canaan's promoter Dick Therrien was announcing, he's going to work for PASS.

        Sorry I couldn't hook up with you guys at Legion today, other plans got in the way. Next time you're up this way let me know.

        Thanks,

        Bruce

[...]

        IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

        This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.