should be censor approved

  • rpmgordy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013
      Greetings from your breadman emeritus,

      I added the BOS, Brockville Ontario Speedway, this weekend. It was a
      tri-sanctioned show for 360 sprints featuring the SOS, CAOSS and Patriot
      Sprint Group along with 5 regular divisions. The first crash of the night
      involved yours truly. Upon entering I purchased 2 average burgers and poutine
      and procured a seat at one of the picnic tables under the grandstand. Half
      way through the first burger I felt the chair twist, followed by a loud
      crack as one of the chair legs snapped. On my way to the ground I reached for
      support but grabbed my poutine instead. I survived with more pain in my
      distressed knee, but the poutine was relegated to the rubbish quicker than my
      posts get deleted. At least Rick Young wasn't there to capture it on film. I
      don't want to make Rick at the Races that badly. After that Rich Rauser
      and I watched some decent racing on a track surface that went from rough to
      smooth and slick. Steve Poirier won the sprint race which made his crew
      doubly happy with them having received a vodka care package earlier in the
      evening from us. Alcohol is much cheaper in America than it is in Canada which
      should've made for a more economical celebration.

      The following day we headed back south as we couldn't get enough of
      the 26 sprints on hand to commit to a similar show at Cornwall. That allowed
      us to stop in Binghamton, NY so Rauser could sample the wares at the
      Spiedie and Rib Pit. He approved as I always do during my infrequent stops
      there. After that we headed to Grandview Speedway for a first ever show of 305
      sprints and their weekly sportsman class. Not even the ill-timed cautions in
      the sprint feature could dull our enthusiasm for this show. The 36 sprints
      on hand put on an entertaining program. Not to be undone, the sportsman
      ran their feature non-stop with plenty of passing. Even though the crowd was
      sparse, the word of mouth reports should lead to more success should they
      go through with plans to repeat such a show once a month. I know I would
      back such a deal.

      Labor day weekend will find me hooking up with my former editor, Dave
      Kittey, for a weekend of racing surrounding a visit to the Cornfield 500.
      Look for us there to swap stories. Adios.

      Gordy

    • Rick Young
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2013
        Sorry I missed you Gordy, Most weeks I'm at the BOS, but with the prospect
        of two days of Sprint Cars
        ( they were at the Cornwall Motor Speedway, where I work) I decided to go
        to the Airbone Speedway at Plattsburgh. I will have to ask my other
        photographer buddies if they got a pic of your flip. :)