some new old tracks!

  • Colin Casserley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
      Just been looking through my list and realised there are a few tracks I
      haven''t notified the group of...

      Utica Rome Speedway ( Dirt), New York.. went there last June for a
      Sprint and modified show

      Speedway Emmen (dirt), Netherlands, been a few times but went to
      opening meeting there must have been April 2008

      Lopik, Netherlands (Dirt) Oval May 2005

      Lopik Circuit ( Dirt) May 2005 - met Roland at this meeting

      Raceway Venray ( Pavement), Netherlands - Short circuit - went to
      opening meeting at the new site must have been around 2009

      Knockhill Circuit ( pavement), Scotland, Saw a sports car race there
      in 2009

      Silverstone National Circuit ( pavement), England - Saw Formula Renault
      race there in May or June 2009

      Silverstone GP circuit ( Pavement) - British Grand Prix 2012

      Excel Centre ( Mixed), London, England. Rallycross, December 2007

      Western Springs ( Dirt), Auckland, New Zealand . Midgets January 2008

      I will have to rack the brain o see if there are any more!

      Colin Casserley
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
        Colin:

        I'm updating your new old tracks, and I just want to be clear about Raceway Vernay. The way I have it listed now is that you were at three tracks there.

        1. At the old location, no date.
        2. At the new location, but just the short oval in 2009
        3. At the new location, the long oval in 2011

        Please confirm that there are three tracks, as Will only has two listed on ARR. I don't think that what you are calling the short oval and the long oval are the old and new tracks, since the dates you have for those two are 2009 and 2011 and according to Will's info, the old track closed in 2007. Also, there were already two Vernay tracks on your list before you sent the new old tracks additions.

        Also, did they only run the short oval in 2009, or did they run the long oval as well that day and the 2011 date should be changed to 2009?

        Just let me know if it's correct as is, or if it needs tweaking.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013

          you have it correct

          1. At the old location, no date.
          2. At the new location, but just the short oval in 2009
          3. At the new location, the long oval in 2011

          the original Venray track at the old location closed in 2007, I went
          there for the first time around 1998

          The new Venray track is about 500 yards from the old track, I went to
          the first meeting in 2009 when only the short track ( about 400 meter
          track) had been built. They then built an 800 meter banked track around
          the outside of the short track which opened in 2011.I went to the first
          meeting of the 800 meter track in 2011. this track does not use any
          parts of the short track

          I should have three tracks listed for Venray, I must have mis read it
          if I had already had two Venray tracks listed!

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
            Colin:

            The track that Will listed for you just said Vernay. The one that I listed in 2011 said Raceway Vernay (Outer). Now I added the third one, and I changed them all so they now are now identified as:

            Racway Vernay (Old Location)
            Raceway Vernay (New Location--Outer)
            Raceway Vernay (New Location--Inner)

            The reason you missed that two Vernay tracks were already listed was because they list alphabetically, so between Raceway Vernay from 2011 and Vernay that Will had inserted were seven NLD tracks, Sexbierum through Texel. Now that they all are listed as "Raceway", they show up consecutively.

            Your ten additional tracks are added.

[...]

          • Vanden Eynde Roland
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
              Guy, Colin,

              Maybe I'll add to the confusion, but maybe I'll give some useful information.

              The old track was called Circuit De Peel and in its last years of existance, there were two track configurations (although I only saw races on one of them). They built it in order to eventually keep the track running by adding an artificial chicane in the fourth turn of the longest version to slow down BRiSCA F1's, but I have no idea all these variants where ever used for countable racing.

              The new tracks are as Colin described them (although I only visited the short one) and, according to local measurements, they are exactly 560 metres to the west of the old trak(s).

              Roland

[...]

              Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

            • Colin Casserley
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
                Thanks Guy, that looks better.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
                  It's a wonder there is any racing at Venray at all, they have had a lot
                  of problems with the government and green party. the track owner is a
                  wealthy man and a race fan, a lesser man would have given up trying to
                  get the permits years ago,

[...]

                  40yahoogroups.com>;
                  List owner:
                  TrackChasers-owner@yahoogroups.com<mailto:TrackChasers-owner%40yahoogroup
                  s.com>;

                  Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
                    Colin:

                    I checked all of the TrackChasers that have been the original track location. Some have it listed as Circuit de Peel or Circuit de Peel International Speedway, some have it listed as Vernay Autospeedway, and some as Raceway Vernay.

                    You can list it any way you would like. Right now I have all three tracks listed for you as Raceway Vernay and then they all show together on your track list. But if you want any track name changes just let me know. I can easily change it to Circuit de Peel or other if you want. Not a problem.

                    Looks like nine different people have been to the location, with Colin the only one with three tracks there and Roland the only with two.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 1, 2013
                      Guy,

                      I just wanted to point out that on the web site you listed all of Colin's tracks as Vernay instead of Venray.

                      Will

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 2, 2013
                        Thanks, Will!