Track Chasing in DE

  • towbarsunlimited
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
      Friday night I made the trip south to Georgetown Speedway. When I arrived
      it was dark. The website showed results from 7-5-13 but nothing from the
      12th. My guess is the track is closed. It looked like a pretty rough old place.
      Saturday night I made the trip north to Airport Speedway in New Castle. I
      arrived late to see the last 2 heats. After an intermission and some
      nonsense about Banner Night they decided they should move the program along
      because there was weather in the area. I saw the 600 feature which had 17 cars,
      Quite a few cautions and even a rollover. I think 11 finished the 25 lap
      feature. All during the feature there was lightning in the area. They brought
      the cars out for the 270 feature and decided to postpone the race because
      of the lightning. They suggested everyone sit in their cars for a while
      until the weather passed. I left and with 10 miles of the track it poured. Not
      sure what happened after I left.

      Tuesday I am moving up to Palmerton, PA.
      My proposed schedule for my week there is:

      Tuesday the 23rd Keystone State Quarter Midget Club
      Wednesday the 24th Action Track at the Kutztown Fairgrounds
      Friday the 26th Snydersville Raceway
      Saturday the 27th either Mahoning Valley or CNB Bank Raceway Park at
      Clearfield
      Sunday the 28th Oreville Kart Club

      Any local guys see anything wrong with this plan? I tried to verify that
      these tracks are still racing. If anyone is planning on going to any of these
      tracks I'd enjoy having some company. Vince

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013
        Vince:

        Georgetown hasn't closed. They canceled on Friday because it was too hot for them to race.