Allegany Mountain Raceway (PA) clossed until further notice

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2013
      While researching track chasing options for next weekend, I found out that "Due to declining car count and audience we have decided to discontinue racing at Allegheny Mountain Raceway until further notice!!"

      I guess that is one less track I have on my "get all of the weekly full-size car tracks in Pennsylvania" list. :-(

      It also looks like after this season Canaan Fair Speedway in NH (both the dirt and paved tracks) may or may not close after this season due to potential new ownership. Or the new owner may add a road course. I think I'll add those 2 to my hit list for this year just in case. You need to get them while you can!
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2013
        Edward:

        Looks like Allegheny Mountain is will be running an afternoon race on September 1. Better get that track while you can.

        I was thinking about the tracks in western PA that have closed in the not too distant past. Off the top of my head the list includes Acme, Allegheny Mountain, Blanket Hill, Challenger, Dog Hollow, Farmington, Hickory, Hunter Hill, Latrobe, Jennerstown, Smithton Hole, Thunder Valley, Tri City, and Windber. Not to mention Neupert Raceway Park that never got built, although I suppose they are still trying.

        The rash of closing tracks is getting closer to home. Actually, it is already starting close to home as Dunn Hill, Redline, and Wyolusing are all closed. I guess you could call Little Diamond closed already as well. Mountain Speedway has had as few as four Modifieds show up for a Saturday night this summer, and they have dropped the Sports Modifieds.

        Anyway, might be a good time to go to Allegheny as there is no guarantee they will open in 2014 at all.