Lycoming County Fairgrounds (Track 257); Trumansburg Fair (Track ?)

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013
      Hi All,

      Lsst night, July 12, I went to the Lycoming County Fairgrounds in Hughesville PA to see JMP Double Figure 8 racing on dirt. They had a good number of cars with 8 heat races. Most heat races had 7 or 8 cars although the last one only had 5. The night included a light rain but I was under the grandstands. The racing was very entertaining, the show moved along (2 hours - started at 8pm, ended at 10pm) and the large crowd was really into it. I know some local short-tracks that could learn a lot by attending a race like this. They also had a truck.SUV demo derby at the end, but I skipped that because I wanted some food and had a 2hour ride home.. Before and after the races I had some tasty fair food. My only complaint would be it was a little expensive. $2 to park; $6 to get into the fair, and $10 to get into the races. But, they got a good crowd, so enough people paid it.

      The Trumansburg Fair (Trumansburg NY) entry in the subject heading is the only other time I went to the JMP Double Figure 8 races, but apparently I left it off my list :-(. I just notied while looking to see how I had it listed. Anyway, I went to it on August 26, 2011. I still need to renumber all my tracks after that but since I didn't get to many new tracks last year, it shouldn't take me that long.

      Guy, can you please add these two to the database?

      8/26/2011 Trumansburg, NY Trumansburg Fair D - Double F8
      7/12/2013 Hughesville, PA Lycoming County Fairgrounds D - Double F8

      Thanks!

      Edward