2013 TrackChaser Week 27 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11 7:37 AM

      (Weekly Listserve Update #132) TrackChasers from our group were very active during the mid-year holiday weekend, resulting in our biggest weekend of the year in terms of new track visits. No fewer than 35 new track visits were reported by no fewer than 15 different TrackChasers. It's great to see so many people adding to their track lists and participating in our group each and every week.

      The "Big Fella", Gordy Killian, was the most active TrackChaser last week. Gordy had his first big week in a couple of years, having seen racing at eight new tracks in six days, while going racing in Oregon, California, Washington, Montana, and Alberta. Three of the four states, with the exception of California, were first time visits for the group in 2013. That brings our group total to 28 different US states. Alberta was also a first time Canadian Province for the group this year.

      Roger Ferrell was also out on the road, adding six more tracks. At the beginning of the year, Roger said he would only get about 20 new tracks this year. This past week he became the fourth from the group to reach the 25 new track mark, and it's only early July. Roger did his traveling in Iowa and Wisconsin this past week, after starting the trip in South Dakota the week before.

      Roland Vanden Eynde began his big North American trip this past weekend in Quebec. In three days going racing "La Belle Province", he scored five new tracks, including one brand new to the group and to the database. The La Guadeloupe course de bazous race has been moved from Domain la Guadeloupe a couple of miles away to Ranch Gagnon. And Roland also discovered that a second road circuit at Circuit ICAR is active during the summer months.

      Will White went on a classic three-day TrackChasing weekend, adding new tracks in Vermont, Quebec (where he met up with Roland), and New York. Vermont was also a new state for the year, our fourth of the weekend and 29th of 2013. I am expecting state number 30 to fall this evening.

      Two new tracks were added by Edward Corrado of NY in PA, and Brian Hickey of MA in NY. Singles were added by Guy Smith, Mike Knappenberger, print and internet racing journalist Ron Rodda, Vince Sadowski, Dave Garrison, Sprint Car Stats webmaster Kevin Eckert, Gater Racing News bloggers Bruce and Pat Eckel, and World of Outlaws announcer Johnny Gibson.

      The 35 new track visits does not include the five by "Junior TrackChaser" Jeff Sands. Mike Knappenberger has been determined to get Jeff to 200 tracks before the end of the year, but it was only last week that Jeff himself committed to joining the website listing before the end of the season. I understand the "Sands Watch" countdown is at 13.

      Someone from the group has reported new track visits in each of the 27 weeks of 2013 so far.

      Races were added this past week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

      An inner oval reported at Rattlesnake Raceway in Nevada by Ron Rodda and the second paved road track at Circuit ICAR in Quebec reported by Roland Vanden Eynde were new tracks added to existing locations. The race attended by Will White and Roland at Ranch Gagnon was both a new location and new track.

      Just this past week, new track visits were reported in Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nevada, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Oregon, California, Missouri, Washington, Vermont, New York, Quebec, and Alberta. Yeah, we get around! Fantastic!

      The 35 new track visits reported this past week brings the group total for the year to 353 by 35 different people. And that's still not enough, we still want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-26 (JANUARY 1 - JUNE 30)

      none

      2013 WEEK 27 ADDITIONS (JULY 1 - JULY 7)

      Tuesday, July 2

      Kevin Eckert--Coos Bay Speedway, OR
      Gordy Killian--Coos Bay Speedway, OR

      Wednesday, July 3

      Edward Corrado--Hesston Speedway, PA
      Roger Ferrell--Farley Speedway, IA
      Dave Garrison--Muskingum County Speedway, OH
      Ron Rodda--Rattlesnake Raceway (Inner Oval), NV
      Gordy Killian--Shasta Speedway (Oval), CA
      Gordy Killian--Shasta Speedway (Mixed Course), CA

      Thursday, July 4

      Roger Ferrell--Upper Iowa Speedway, IA

      Gordy Killian--Siskyou Motor Speedway, CA
      Mike Knappenberger--Sand Lake, MI
      Guy Smith--Sand Lake, MI

      Friday, July 5

      Edward Corrado--Bedford Speedway, PA
      Roger Ferrell--Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Inner), WI
      Roger Ferrell--Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Outer), WI
      Gordy Killian--Pacific Raceway, WA
      Gordy Killian--Spokane Raceway Park, WA
      Vince Sadowski--Bedford Speedway, PA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Autodrome Chaudiere, QC
      Will White--Devil's Bowl Speedway, VT

      Saturday, July 6

      Bruce Eckel--Baer Field Speedway (Intermediate), IN
      Pat Eckel--Baer Field Speedway (Intermediate), IN
      Roger Ferrell--Lacrosse Speedway (Outer), WI
      Roger Ferrell--Lacrosse Speedway (Inner), WI
      Brian Hickey--Riverhead Raceway (Oval), NY
      Brian Hickey--Riverhead Raceway (F8), NY
      Gordy Killian--Montana Raceway Park, MT
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Ranch Gagnon, QC
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Autordrome East Broughton Speedway, QC
      Will White--Ranch Gagnon, QC

      Sunday, July 7

      Johnny Gibson--Double X Speedway, MO
      Gordy Killian--Central Alberta Raceway, AB
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit ICAR (Long Track), QC
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit ICAR (Short Track), QC
      Will White--Lebanon Valley Kart Speedway, NY

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--353

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--35

      US States Visited for New Tracks--29 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WY)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--03 (AB, ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--13 (AUS, BEL, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36,299 (+35 adjusted)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks

      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.