2013 TrackChaser Week 26 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 7:03 AM

      (Weekly Listserve Update #131) Happy Independence Day to all US TrackChasers. We have reached the halfway point of 2013, week 26 of 52, our merry band of travelers have recorded new track visits in each of the 26 weeks.

      This past week 12 new track visits were recorded by six different TrackChasers. Mike Knappenberger led the way with four new tracks. He and "Junior TrackChaser" Jeff Sands started the weekend at Kentucky Speedway on Friday night for the NASCAR Grand National race. Saturday afternoon, on a tip from Brian Hickey, they were at Memphis Motorsports Park for a NASA Sports Car race. On Saturday night they once again blended a double starting at Tennessee National Speedway and ending up with the final three features at Camden Raceway. Mike reported that the three features at Camden: Late Models, Modifieds, and Four Cylinders; each had three cars in their main.

      Roland Vanden Eynde returned to France for the second straight weekend to add new tracks at the Neuvy-en-Mauges autocross and the Circuit de la Prarie street circuit. Both tracks had run in the past, but we did not realize either was currently active.

      USAC returned to the superspeedway at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Guy and Pam Smith, as well as Edward Corrado, took advantage of the chance to see a major US track that had been inactive for the past few years. The Smiths then followed the afternoon Pikes Peak events with an evening visit to the I-25 Speedway in Pueblo.

      Roger Ferrell traveled to Husset's Speedway in South Dakota. It was Roger's first ever race in that state. Roger has now seen racing in 30 different states.

      No brand new tracks were visited. All tracks were already entered into the database. Races were added Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The 12 new tracks brings the group total for 2013 to 318 new tracks visited by 35 different people. That's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-25 (JANUARY 1 - JUNE 23)

      none

      2013 WEEK 26 ADDITIONS (JUNE 24 - JUNE 30)

      Friday, June 28

      Mike Knappenberger--Kentucky Speedway, KY

      Saturday, June 29

      Edward Corrado--Pikes Peak International (Superspeedway), CO

      Mike Knappenberger--Memphis Motorsports Park (Road Circuit), CO
      Mike Knappenberger--Tennessee National Speedway, TN
      Mike Knappenberger--Camden Speedway, TN
      Guy Smith--Pikes Peak International (Superspeedway), CO
      Guy Smith--I-25 Speedway (Oval), CO
      Pam Smith--Pikes Peak International (Superspeedway), CO
      Pam Smith--I-25 Speedway (Oval), CO
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Neugy-en-Maugus, France

      Sunday, June 30

      Roger Ferrell--Husset's Speedway, SD

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit de la Prarie, France

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--318

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--35

      US States Visited for New Tracks--25 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--02 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--13 (AUS, BEL, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36,244 (+12)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.