Forthcoming American trip

  • Vanden Eynde Roland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
      Hello colleagues,

      After my trip with Pam and Guy, I found quite a load of work at the office and thus it's only now I found a bit of time to write about the past trip and to give an updated schedule for my very soon to come American trip.

      My fourth trip with the Smiths has been very well documented by Guy's reports. There isn't really very much I could add to that, except perhaps that the permanent autocross track at Prerov is officially named "Cross Arena Prerov". The only other thing to say is that it's always a pleasure to drive the Smiths around Europe because they adapt very well to any circumstance and it's always much more interesting to share the hobby and the fringe benefit of travelling to interesting places with friends. I would really like more of you to come and visit this side of the pond, but I know Europe is hugely expensive. Therefore, next week, I'll reverse the roles and from July 5 till July 21 I'll come and trackchase in a place near some of you. As I had a few colleagues asking for an update of my programme, I'll give you the current schedule, but as always in North America, weather might intervene and thus it could be that I have to go to alternative tracks on some days.

      I'll fly to Montréal on the morning of July 5 and from there on this is the plan:

      07/05: Autodrôme Chaudière - Vallée-Jonction (QC)
      07/06: afternoon: Domaine La Guadeloupe (QC)
      evening: Autodrôme East Broughton (QC)
      07/07: Circuit ICAR - Blainville (QC), if possible also Autodrôme Saint-Valère (QC)
      07/09: Cornwall Speedway (inner oval) (ON)
      07/10: Kutztown Fairgrounds (PA)
      07/11: Thompson International Speedway (CT)
      07/12: Autodrôme Granby (QC)
      07/13: Autodrôme Saint-Just - Saint-Just de Bretenières (QC) and Circuit Riverside Speedway - Sainte-Croix (QC)
      07/14: Circuit du Mont Tremblant - Saint-Jovite (QC) and Cornwall Speedway (ON)
      07/16: Lernerville Speedway - Sarver (PA)
      07/17: Terre Haute Action Track (IN)
      07/18: Twin Cities Raceway Park - North Vernon (IN)
      07/19: Legendary Hilltop Raceway - Marietta (OH)
      07/20: Lorain County Speedway - South Amherst (OH) and Sandusky Speedway (OH)
      07/21: Schenley Park - Pittsburgh (PA) and Eriez Speedway - Erie (PA)

      It would be a pleasure to see many of you on this trip.

      Roland

      Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

    • Colin Casserley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
        I am hoping to get out for Indian sprint week, so will see you at Terre
        Haute.

        I won't be getting in any new tracks, but the Indy Sprint week is such
        a good week of racing I can't miss one of them!