2013 TrackChaser Week 25 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #130) I'm excited to report to the group about our great week visiting new tracks. No fewer than 25 new track visits were recorded, with 22 coming from the past week, two from earlier this year, and one a missed visit from last year. A great group of TrackChasing friends and colleagues were out and about scoring new tracks, including 13 of our regular cast of characters, plus two Project Drivers.

      A first new track for 2013 was recorded by Jack Erdmann. Those that know of Jack's circumstances and his dedication to taking care of his mother can have nothing but respect for how he has put family above hobby. It's great that Jack could get out and have the chance to see a new track in his native Wisconsin.

      There are now 35 different people on the scoreboard for 2013. The breakdown is 31 group members and four of our Project Drivers.

      Is was a good week for Wisconsin based TrackChasers. Not only did Jack Erdmann add his first new track of the year, but fellow Badger Dale O'Brien had the most new tracks last week with a total of four, in Oklahoma and Texas. World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series announcer Johnny Gibson also added four new tracks this week, but only three were from this year as he caught one not reported in 2012.

      O'Brien and Gordy Killian both moved into "Double Figures" for the year. There are now 14 people that have recorded at least ten new tracks in 2013!

      Guy & Pam Smith, as well as Roland Vanden Eynde, visited a track on the Channel Island of Jersey. It was only the second, third, and fourth races ever added by the group on Jersey, and first since Colin Herridge visited for a race over 45 years ago!

      Roger Ferrell's new track in Indiana extended the record for that state to 157 different tracks.

      States visited last week for new tracks included PA, WI, CA, MN, IN, OK, and TX. Countries were GBR, FRA, CAN, and USA. Yeah, we get around!

      Bing Metz reported a new track for last week, and also an early in the year visit to Louisiana. LA became the 25th state for the group in 2013!

      Tracks new to the Database were Amherst Speedway, WI; and Bryant Speedway, IN. Brockville (Inner) was removed from Rick Young's "Not Classified" list and placed on his regular "TrackChaser" list. The Jersey Inner Oval was added to the "Non Classified" section of Roland Vanden Eynde's track list. I expect work to resume on the "Non Classified" track lists within the next few weeks. I will do my best.

      Mike Knappenberger's grandson Ashton Faisig went to a new track for the ninth straight year, and he is only nine years old. He also earned his karate "red belt". I don't know the color order at his school, but he should only be a couple of colors away from being a black belt.

      It looks like races were added on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday last week. The 25 new tracks added brings out group total for 2013 over the 300 mark already. We now stand at 306 new tracks visited by 35 different people. That's not enough, we want more!

      03/16 Bing Metz--Ark La Tex Speedway, LA

      06/15 Jack Erdmann--Amherst Speedway, WI

      2013 WEEK 25 ADDITIONS (JUNE 17 - JUNE 23)

      Wednesday, June 19

      Rick Young--Brockville Speedway (Inner), ON

      Thursday, June 20

      Dale O'Brien--Creek County Speedway, OK

      Friday, June 21

      Bing Metz--Northeast Fairgrounds, PA

      Dale O'Brien--Boyd Raceway, TX
      Ron Rodda--Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA

      Saturday, June 22

      Johnny Gibson--I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls), MN
      Gordy Killian--Susquehanna F8, PA
      Steve Kinser*--I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls), MN
      Dale O'Brien--Abilene Speedway, TX
      Vince Sadowski--Hunterstown Speedway, PA
      Guy Smith--Millbrook (Outer), Jersey, UK
      Pam Smith--Millbrook (Outer), Jersey, UK
      Sammy Swindell--I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls), MN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Millbrook (Outer), Jersey, UK

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Millbrook (Inner), Jersey, UK (Not Classified)

      Sunday, June 23

      Roger Ferrell--Bryant Speedway, IN
      Johnny Gibson--Redwood Speedway (Outer), MN
      Johnny Gibson--Redwood Speedway (Inner), MN
      Gordy Killian--Oreville Kart Track (Oval), PA
      Mike Knappenberger--Oreville Kart Track (Oval), PA
      Dale O'Brien--Elk Cities I-40 Speedway, OK
      Guy Smith--Circuit de Sarthe, FRA
      Pam Smith--Circuit de Sarthe, FRA

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--306

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--35

      US States Visited for New Tracks--25 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MN, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--02 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--13 (AUS, BEL, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36,232 (+25)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.