Tracks 230 and 231

  • towbarsunlimited
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      I took advantage of the nice weather this weekend.

      Went to Path Valley Speedway Friday night. Very old place on the side of a
      hill. Nice scenery around there. Hard to tell how many spectators there
      were as most sit in or around their vehicles more than half way around the
      track. 3 of the 6 classes were 4 cyl's with about 12 the most in any class. 6
      late models that would have put on a good show if there were maybe 12. One
      class of V-8's only had 3 and one broke after the heat. they ran a 15 lap
      feature where the leader could have easily lapped the 2nd place car.

      Saturday night I went to Shippensburg Speedway. I heard talk in the
      grandstands that the promoter cut the schedule from every week to every other
      week. There were 3 4 cyl classes with about 6 the most in any class. There was
      1 go kart. There were 13 600 mini sprints with the other classes having
      less. Show started at 6 with hot laps and was finished by 9 even with an
      intermission. Not very many spectators. Overheard in the stands was the promoter
      told racers if you don't like it here go race somewhere else and most did.

      Hopefully I will get a bunch of PA tracks this summer if the rain stays
      away. Vince