Add one more

  • dalezoom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2013
      Hello trackchasers ...

      Sunday was a work night for me, but Upper Peninsula International Raceway was running an afternoon show, and Escanaba is in the Eastern time zone. I was able to see all the heats, the features in the junior sprints and IMCA mods and the B and A in the 600 micros before I left just past 3:30 Eastern.

      Several different tracks have been in front of the big U.P. State Fairgrounds grandstand. This one is a flat, about 1/5-mile that doesn't seem very racy: It had no high groove. Who knows, maybe it's a bit better at night.

      The show drew 19 600s, and Jay Baumler Jr. came from the B to win the A. A couple of different guys spun from the lead in the 10-car IMCA mod feature, including one on the last turn who then also took out the second-place car. Fran Berube sneaked past to win.

      Michigan
      Upper Peninsula Int. Raceway Escanaba dirt oval 6-2-2013

      Dale O.