Re: stuff (Oregon over July 4)

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 8 , May 26, 2013
      Gordy,

      I am not 100% sure what I am going to do over July 4, but I am also looking at the Pacific northwest - specifically Oregon. If I go, my schedule will probably be:

      Monday, July 1: Southern Oregon Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
      Tuesday, July 2: Coos Bay Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
      Wednesday, July 3: Willamette Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
      Thursday, July 4: Sunset Speedway (NW Extreme Late Models)
      Friday, July 5: Cottage Grove Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
      Saturday, July 6: River City Raceway (Regular show)

      I think there is only one other regular weekly oval track in Oregon, Douglas County Speedway, but they aren't running the weekend before or after July 4. If they were running the weekend before, I'd probably try to go out earlier. It seems like a good week to get a lot of tracks in one state.

      Edward
    • rpmgordy
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10 12:31 PM
        Greetings from your breadman emeritus,

             I went to do my taxes today, and ran into childhood friend, Bob Hoover. He told me he used to work with our Jeff Sands before recently retiring. He'd also recently run into another friend from my youth, Morris Hurwitz. Moe, as he's known at work, has the same employer as our Mike Knappenberger. The odds of these random meetings get lower all the time.

             No racing this weekend, though I was tempted to accept a ride to Smokey Mountain Raceway where I might've joined up with Mr. Garrison. Supporting my ill uncle in the hospital in Milford, DE took precedent. I did go to the disappointing Phillipsburg Mall car show with Rich Rauser where I crossed paths with our Bing Metz. These mall shows appear to be dead, as participation is waning fast.

             Future trackchasing is up in the air, as I have my first job interview in more than 34 years tomorrow. If they turn me down, I will be south bound come Friday with a Monday return possible. Alternatives in AL, GA, SC and TN could see some serious miles put on the Camaro. All is weather and job situation dependent, but interested accomplices will be welcome if plans come to fruition.

             A new Hoseheads column will be turned out today. I was always surprised by the response I got from my regional racing paper missives. Being on an established, respected web site has expanded boundaries world wide. It's quite gratifying. I'd forgotten how much I missed writing and the rewards for doing so. Perhaps that will encourage more participation here. The stories of the travels are the most enjoyable posts. Not using this forum to do so for whatever reason(s) serves no real purpose. As the moderator often says, "We want more!" Happy travels, everyone.

        Gordy