stuff

  • rpmgordy
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2013
      Greetings from your breadman emeritus.

      Just a few thoughts. I will be at Waynesfield Speedway (OH) on
      Saturday, 141 Speedway (WI) on Sunday and Lawrenceburg Speedway (IN) on Monday
      should you want to hook up. All weather permitting of course. (Jack and/or
      Dale?)

      Dustin,

      Enjoy your northwest excursion. I hope to be out that way over July
      4. The scenery alone makes the trip worthwhile. If I find alternatives for
      you during my research, I will post them.

      Last night was the opening of the Kutztown Fairgrounds. Laughable and
      pathetic were terms most often used to describe the lack of organization
      with regards to running a show. A huge crowd was sent home at 9:50 during
      the second of 4 features due to rain that all involved had to know was
      coming. Ever since the current management took over the track, their arrogance
      over their ability to run a program grew exponentially. They made every
      mistake I predicted they would and more. It appears as if they never anticipated
      any of their mistakes, unable to fathom even the most rudimentary
      procedures. You only get 1 chance to make a first impression, and failed miserably
      in front of the largest crowd I ever saw there. Worst of all were the 2
      clowns announcing that performed little of their proper duties over a PA
      system louder than the race cars. My ears are still bleeding. Just as bad were
      the flagging and on track officials calls that were embarassingly
      inconsistent. Throw in the disgusting pizza dude and the 30+ minutes it took to leave
      the log jam of a parking lot and you might have seen the death blow on week
      one. What a shame.

      Enjoy your holiday weekend.

      Gordy

    • Dustin Jarrett
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2013
        Thanks, Gordy...  have you been to Waynesfield before?  It's only 15 miles from my house.  Last week, they had 38 Non-Wings for a regular show.

        DJ

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2013
          Dustin,

          Never have been there. They have NRA and SOD on Saturday. 141 will
          also be knew. It will be my first time at Lawrenceburg since they changed
          it. I loved the old track so much that I put it off because I didn't want to
          alter my memories, I guess. Same is true for Kokomo. I guess you can teach
          an old breadman new tricks. Enjoy your trip.

          Gordy

        • brenda ferrell
          Message 4 of 8 , May 24, 2013
            Gordy,

            I'll be at Waynesfield. I'll call Jack about you coming to 141. Roger
            Brenda

            To: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , May 26, 2013
              Gordy,

              I am not 100% sure what I am going to do over July 4, but I am also looking at the Pacific northwest - specifically Oregon. If I go, my schedule will probably be:

              Monday, July 1: Southern Oregon Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
              Tuesday, July 2: Coos Bay Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
              Wednesday, July 3: Willamette Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
              Thursday, July 4: Sunset Speedway (NW Extreme Late Models)
              Friday, July 5: Cottage Grove Speedway (ASCS NW Sprints)
              Saturday, July 6: River City Raceway (Regular show)

              I think there is only one other regular weekly oval track in Oregon, Douglas County Speedway, but they aren't running the weekend before or after July 4. If they were running the weekend before, I'd probably try to go out earlier. It seems like a good week to get a lot of tracks in one state.

              Edward
            • rpmgordy
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 10, 2014
                Greetings from your breadman emeritus,

                     I went to do my taxes today, and ran into childhood friend, Bob Hoover. He told me he used to work with our Jeff Sands before recently retiring. He'd also recently run into another friend from my youth, Morris Hurwitz. Moe, as he's known at work, has the same employer as our Mike Knappenberger. The odds of these random meetings get lower all the time.

                     No racing this weekend, though I was tempted to accept a ride to Smokey Mountain Raceway where I might've joined up with Mr. Garrison. Supporting my ill uncle in the hospital in Milford, DE took precedent. I did go to the disappointing Phillipsburg Mall car show with Rich Rauser where I crossed paths with our Bing Metz. These mall shows appear to be dead, as participation is waning fast.

                     Future trackchasing is up in the air, as I have my first job interview in more than 34 years tomorrow. If they turn me down, I will be south bound come Friday with a Monday return possible. Alternatives in AL, GA, SC and TN could see some serious miles put on the Camaro. All is weather and job situation dependent, but interested accomplices will be welcome if plans come to fruition.

                     A new Hoseheads column will be turned out today. I was always surprised by the response I got from my regional racing paper missives. Being on an established, respected web site has expanded boundaries world wide. It's quite gratifying. I'd forgotten how much I missed writing and the rewards for doing so. Perhaps that will encourage more participation here. The stories of the travels are the most enjoyable posts. Not using this forum to do so for whatever reason(s) serves no real purpose. As the moderator often says, "We want more!" Happy travels, everyone.

                Gordy