2013 TrackChaser Week 20 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #125) During the past week, 11 new race track visits, ten of which were from this year, were added to the database/website. Those 11 were added by eight different TrackChasers.

      Three people added two tracks last weekend. Mike Knappenberger added two in Michigan, Chris Tyrrel two in Indiana, and Roland Vanden Eynde two in Denmark. Roland became the first (and probably the only ever) from the group to see races at ten different tracks in Denmark. No one else has been to more than three. Denmark was the 11th different country visited by the group in 2013. One of the Denmark tracks, Mindeparken, was the only new location and track added to the database this week.

      Single new tracks were added by Pat Eckel in PA, Guy Smith in MI, Edward Corrado in PA, and Dave Garrison in IN.

      The other was another newly confirmed "old" 1990's track by Will White. Will has been going through his records, assembling his all-time "race" (not track) list, and while in the process of doing so, discovered a pair of missing tracks to add.

      I added a new page to the website for the third consecutive week. A "TrackChaser Group Photo Gallery" was started. It's a work in progress for sure. If anyone has additional photos of our group that they would like to contribute, they would be welcome at any time. If any photos are posted that either the photographer or anyone in the photo does not want published on my website, just let me know and I'll get them off for you ASAP.

      Once again we added tracks on four different days last week, and in all 20 weeks of 2013 so far.

      The ten tracks added from 2013 brings the season total to 191 by 33 different TrackChasers. With the Memorial Day Weekend coming up, I assume we will easily top 200 by next week. Colin Casserley has one already. But that's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-19 (JANUARY 1 - MAY 12)

      none

      2013 WEEK 20 ADDITIONS (MAY 13 - MAY 19)

      Thursday, May 16

      Pat Eckel--Little Diamond Speedway (Big Diamond Inner Oval), PA

      Friday, May 17

      Dave Garrison--Chandler Speedway, IN

      Saturday, May 18

      Edward Corrado--Hummingbird Speedway, PA
      Mike Knappenberger--Hudsonville Community Fairgrounds, MI
      Mike Knappenberger--Berlin Raceway, MI
      Guy Smtih--Hudsonville Community Fairgrounds, MI
      Chris Tyrrel--Mount Lawn Speedway, IN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Ornedalsbanen, Denmark

      Sunday, May 19

      Chris Tyrrel--Winchester Speedway, IN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Mindeparken, Denmark

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--191

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--33

      US States Visited for New Tracks--20 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--11 (AUS, BEL, CAN, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36, 113 (+11)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (+1)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.