2013 TrackChaser Week 19 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013

      (Weekly listserve update #124) This week we celebrate Belgian TrackChaser Roland Vanden Eynde, along with the National Speedway Directory's Tim Frost and Allan Brown.

      Roland went to two new tracks last week in his native Belgium. Not only were they the 206th and 207th tracks he has seen in that country (the next person listed has 10), but the first track was his 1,000th different lifetime track. Roland becomes the 9th person to reach 1,000 different tracks while a member of this group. Here's to the next thousand, Roland, and a thousand more of the always entertaining listserve reports.

      This week we also recognize the support our group has received and continues to receive from the National Speedway Directory. At first it was Allan Brown, who partnered with me to create the original cup to honor the person in the group with the most lifetime tracks. Now it is Tim Frost the current NSD owner, who has stepped up further and has chosen to honor all living members who had at one time been recognized as having the most tracks with mini replica trophies. For the past two years Tim has also awarded plaques to the top five group members who went to the most new tracks during the year, and provided a single plaque for any past winner of the annual new track count. To thank Tim and the very active group members who have earned his awards, a new page has been created on the website in gratitude for his support. The page is accessible from the TrackChaser Main Menu page. Thanks again Tim.

      In addition to the new website page, in the past week 24 new track visits were added to the database. Ten were from last week and 14 were from previous years.

      Dave Garrison of Kentucky added 13 more tracks as he continues to work on his track list. All were from 2012, as that year was not on his original submission. Also, Jeff Sands apparently pointed out to Mike Knappenberger a track that was missing from Mike's list, so that was added as well.

      The remaining ten additions were from last week. Roland was the only one with two new tracks. Single new tracks were added by Mike Knappenberger and Guy Smith in Tennessee, World of Outlaws announcer Johnny Gibson along with Steven Kinser and Sammy Swindell in Minnesota, Brian Hickey in South Carolina, Vince Sadowski in North Carolina, and Colin Herridge in his native England.

      For Vince Sadowski, it was his first new track of the year, bringing the total number to score a new track up again to 33.

      Johnny Gibson is the first to report a new track this year in Minnesota. That makes 20 states covered by TrackChasers in 2013.

      New tracks have been added for four different days last week, and in all 19 weeks of 2013.

      The ten tracks added from 2013 brings the season total to 181 by 33 different TrackChasers. That's not enough, we want more!

      2013 WEEK 19 ADDITIONS (MAY 6 - MAY 12)

      Thursday, May 9

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit Quai Donat Casterman, WAL, Belgium (1,000th track)

      Friday, May 10

      Johnny Gibson--Elko Speedway (Dirt), MN
      Steve Kinser--Elko Speedway (Dirt), MN
      Sammy Swindell--Elko Speedway (Dirt), MN

      Saturday, May 11

      Colin Herridge--Bondsworth Field, ENG, United Kingdom
      Brian Hickey--Darlington Raceway, SC
      Mike Knappenberger--Crossville Raceway, TN
      Vince Sadowski--Southern National Motorsports Park, NC
      Guy Smtih--Crossville Raceway, TN

      Sunday, May 12

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Aalter, VLG, Belgium

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--181

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--33

      US States Visited for New Tracks--20 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--10 (AUS, BEL, CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36, 102 (+24)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (+1)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.