2013 TrackChaser Week 18 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013

      (Weekly listserve update #123). A monster week for the TrackChaser group and the website. There were several milestones reached this past week:

      36,000! This week we roared past the 36,000 mark in track visits. It was only a little over a year and a half ago when I first started adding the new track visits to the database, and we were in the 33,000's. Now we are in the 36,000's. That's a lot of new track visits! But you know what? That's not enough, we want more!

      I also added another new person's track list to the website this week, as submitted by the esteemed TrackChaser Research Group. Derek Bell from England now has 100 confirmed tracks, and has been added to the website. This was another milestone, as it was the 10th person added to the group since I resumed doing the adding. That split was six project drivers from the research arm of TrackChasers, and four new fan members. Controlled growth is the goal, and we are right on schedule. Don't look for any new project drivers in the immediate future. No one is really that close, and the closest ones have totals that are stalled at this point.

      In 2012 I decided to work on the data/database for the entire year. In that time, quite a few new options were added to make the track listings more complete for everyone to enjoy, and more flexibility to allow each individual to taylor their track lists more to their liking. In 2013, the plan was to continue to work on the data, while expanding the website to include other items and become more visually interesting. I'm very pleased to announce that the first pictures now appear on the website. Last week I dabbled in learning the new skill, practicing with the old TrackChaser logos that Will White designed. This week I finally added pictures. And the very first picture was of Ed Esser, the greatest TrackChaser of them all. Please take a minute to check out the brand new page dedicated to Ed, and our group efforts to honor his memory. A link to it now appears on the TrackChaser Main Menu.

      While there is still much, much work to be done in the database and much information waiting to be added, look for more new tabs to appear on the main menu going forward. Next is a page to honor the National Speedway Directory, Tim Frost for his support of the group, and to recognize the winners of the NSD sponsored TrackChaser Awards.

      This past week, we added 113 new track visits to the database. The first 100 came from Derek Bell, all before 2013. A missing Pappy Hough track discovered last week was added. And both Brian Hickey (2) and Will White (1) discovered tracks missing from their track lists from quite a few years prior.

      That leaves nine new track visits from last week. Pam Smith and Chris Tyrrel added the Little Diamond Speedway, PA to the list on the second week of the track's existence. Virginia Schuler and Will White added the Pocono International Raceway (South-East Circuit), PA. Bruce and Pat Eckel added the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds, PA. Paul Weisel traveled to North Carolina and the East Lincoln Speedway. Roger Ferrell added the Plymouth Speedway outer dirt oval. And Brian Hickey went to the Cleveland County Speedway, also in North Carolina.

      We are 18 for 18 in adding new tracks each week in 2013. New tracks were visited last week on Thursday through Sunday. All four that went to a new track this Sunday also went to a new track the previous Sunday.

      The 9 new track visits from 2013 added last week brings the new track total for this year to 171 by 32 different TrackChasers. That's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-17 (JANUARY 1 - APRIL 29)

      none

      2013 WEEK 18 ADDITIONS (APRIL 30 - MAY 5)

      Thursday, May 2

      Pam Smith-- Little Diamond Speedway, PA
      Chris Tyrrel-- Little Diamond Speedway, PA

      Friday, May 3

      Brian Hickey--Charlotte County Speedway, NC

      Saturday, May 4

      Roger Ferrell--Plymounth Speedway (Outer), IN
      Paul Weisel--East Lincoln Speedway, NC

      Sunday, May 5

      Bruce Eckel--Latimore Valley Fairgrounds), PA
      Pat Eckel--Latimore Valley Fairgrounds, PA
      Virginia Schuler--Pocono International Raceway (South-East Course), PA
      Will White--Pocono International Raceway (South-East Course), PA

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--171

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--32

      US States Visited for New Tracks--19 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--10 (AUS, BEL, CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36, 078 (+113)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--147 (+1)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.