2013 TrackChasers Week 16 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013

      (Weekly listserve update #121). It was another outstanding week for our group. I added 209 more track visits to the TrackChaser database. The big news was that Russ Currie has now reached the 200 track mark and his track list now appears on the website. He becomes the 78th person to have had their track list published on the site. You will want to check out Russ Currie's track list. It has what is probably the most complete set of Notes of any TrackChaser to date. In addition, Russ has approximately 76 "other" tracks to add to the non countable section of his track list. Look for those to be added in the coming weeks.

      To qualify to be listed on the website, the standard remains nearly the same as that established by the former webmaster Will White. To become listed, you need 1) 200 TrackChaser countable tracks if you are from North America, 2) 100 TrackChaser countable tracks if you are from any other continent, or 3) you must have the most tracks in your home continent. The slight modification I made was that where a person saw their first race is considered the continent they are from, even if they move to another continent. This replaced the formula that Will used to determine a qualifying number between 100 and 200 in the aforementioned cases (for example, Rick Young or Mario Andretti). Future plans are to simplify things even more and set the standard at a flat 100 tracks for all.

      Back to Russ Currie. We thought his visit two weeks ago to Oreville, PA was TC track number 200, but in working with Russ to get his track list accurate and to display the way he wants it, we discovered two more tracks that could be counted. So his current total is 202 tracks. Again, check it out on the website and enjoy reading where he has been, when, and what he saw there.

      There were seven other track visits added from the past week. Guy Smith went to two new tracks in Indiana, while Mike Knappenberger went to one in their third visit to that state in four weekends. Mike became the sixth person to reach double figures for the year. Paul Weisel added the Oreville track in week two of its existence that Russ had gone to in their first week. Roland Vanden Eynde edged closer to his 1000th track by visiting a new Dutch autocross for the third straight weekend. Look for Roland to join those in double figures for the year after next week's update. And TC Project Driver Sammy Swindell, along with WoO announcer Johnny Gibson, attended a WoO Sprint Car visit in Texas for their first time at that track.

      Russ Currie made it an even 30 different people that have added new tracks to their published track lists in 2013.

      The new Oreville oval track visited by Paul and Russ made Pennsylvania the 19th state to be visited for a new track so far this year.

      We are 16 for 16 in adding new tracks each week in 2013.

      The eight new track visits from 2013 that were added last week brings the new track total for this year to 138 by 30 different TrackChasers. That's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-15 (JANUARY 1 - APRIL 14)

      04/14 Russ Currie--Oreville Kart Track (Oval), PA

      2013 WEEK 16 ADDITIONS (APRIL 15 - APRIL 21)

      Tuesday, April 16

      Johnny Gibson--El Paso Speedway Park, TX
      Sammy Swindell*--El Paso Speedway Park, TX

      Saturday, April 20

      Mike Knappenberger--Purdue University Grand Prix, IN
      Guy Smith--Purdue University Grand Prix, IN
      Guy Smith--US 24 Speedway, IN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Pieterzijl, Netherlands

      Sunday, April 21

      Paul Weisel--Oreville Kart Track (Oval), PA

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--138

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--30

      US States Visited for New Tracks--19 (AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--10 (AUS, BEL, CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,930 (+209)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.