NO Track News--New York

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013

      I noticed on the RevStar website event calendar that they have a Slinghot race listed for Saturday, October 5th at Syracuse.

      I know that a number of years ago, there was a Slingshot race scheduled for the frontstretch of the mile on Friday night of Super DIRT Week, but it was rained out. I was there. At least the grandstand has a roof. It was not rescheduled due to the tight schedule for the rest of the weekend.

      I thought perhaps they were going to try again for a Slingshot event at the New York State Fairgrounds.

      Alas, it is not to be.

      I contacted Mike Feltenberger from Tobias. He said that Richie Tobias had inquired about a race during Super DIRT Week, but received no response from DIRT. The race is now scheduled for the following Saturday at Paradise Speedway.

      The RevStar website calendar is in error.