Permanent dirt track in Austria

  • Vanden Eynde Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Hello colleagues,

      By logging on to an Austrian website to get a list of motor racing programmes on Austrian and German TV, I found an article on the first dirt oval race track in Austria. It's is in the town of Natschbach Loipersbach (Niederösterreich), near the A2 motorway. It has some reddish dust and it apparently opened in 2011 or 2012. They draw some interesting drivers in the stockcar category, which is done with BriSCA F2's. Last weekend's winner was former Production car rally world champion Andreas Aigner, beating another former world championship rally driver Manfred Stohl. This year they also had a touring car division for the first time.

      If any of our British members plan a summer holiday in Austria, there are five more meetings this year:

      May 9
      June 8
      July 6
      September 9
      October 19

      All races are evening ones starting at 7.00 p.m., except the October one, which starts at 2.00 p.m.

      Roland

      Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be