New Track News: New York

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013

      Every once in a while the Formula Race Car Club of America gives us a new track.

      A check of their 2013 schedule shows rounds 5-6 set for June 22-23 at New York Safety Track. I never heard of that track, but a search has turned up the following info:

      New York Safety Track
      2.1 mile, ten turn, paved road circuit
      Davenport, NY
      Opening, May 2013
      http://www.nysafetytrack.com

      That weekend is not good for me, as Pam and I will be on vacation at that time. But hopefully the information will be of use to others. Besides, if they have one race weekend, there's a good chance they will have another in the future.

      You read it here first.

    • BHICKEYJR@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
        Looks like there may be a chance to get the one mile oval at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Co. this Sept. 29th. If i am reading the press release correctly,NASA will be competing on the 1.3 mile road coarse also,that weekend. I see that USAC has a Silver Crown race scheduled for June 29th as well.
        http://www.ppir.com/files/docs/FOR%20IMMEDIATE%20RELEASE%2012.21.12.pdf

        See ya at the track
        Brian

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2013

          It appears that Thunder Mountain Speedway in NY has added a smaller track, called Little Thunder. I surmise they plan on racing Micro Sprints, Slingshots, and karts on the new track. No races or schedule yet, but they had planned a test and tune session on May 26, and another one yesterday. Something to keep an eye on.