2013 TrackChaser Week 13 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #118) Fifteen new track visits were added to the group total during the past week. Thirteen of the 15 happened during the Easter holiday weekend, with the other two being late arrivals from the week before.

      Paul Weisel made his first racing trip to the United Kingdom a successful one, visiting eight tracks in a four day span. Six of the eight tracks were added this week, with the other two falling in the current week, and thus will be added to next week's update. For Paul, it was the sixth different country where he has seen racing. Paul became the second of our group, after Roger Ferrell, to reach double figures in new tracks in 2013.

      Two new tracks were added by Roland Vanden Eynde and Guy Smith. Roland's tracks were in Germany and Belgium, Guy's in Illinois and Indiana. Single tracks on the holiday weekend were added by Mike Knappenberger, Will White, and Rick Young.

      Late arrivals from the week before were Brian Hickey at the Saint Pete Grand Prix in Florida, and Kevin Eckert, who headed to California for the World of Outlaws race at the Stockton 99 Dirt Track.

      Three new states were added to the 2013 TrackChasing totals. They were Illinois, Indiana, and New Jersey. The group has now scored new tracks in 16 different states so far this year.

      Roland's new track in his home country of Belgium was the first of the year in that country, the seventh different country conquered in 2013. Roland's two new tracks were both brand new locations and tracks to the database, the only two brand new tracks of the week.

      Kevin Eckert, owner of www.sprintcarstats.com and former Schuler House Car co-pilot, became the 25th person to add a new track in 2013.

      There have been new track visits in all 13 weeks of 2013. I know of TrackChasing plans for each week of April from someone in the group or another, so that streak should continue for the foreseeable future.

      We have already reached the 100 new track mark for 2013!!! The 15 new track visits added this past week brings our total for the year to 102 new tracks by 25 different TrackChasers. Roger Ferrell continues as the Big Kahuna with 14. That's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-12 (JANUARY 1 - MARCH 24)

      03/22 Kevin Eckert--Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA
      03/24 Brian Hickey--Saint Petersburg Grand Prix, FL

      2013 WEEK 13 ADDITIONS (MARCH 25 - MARCH 31)

      Friday, March 29

      Guy Smith--Lasalle Speedway, IL
      Paul Weisel--Northampton International Raceway, England, United Kingdom
      Paul Weisel--Skegness Stadium, England, United Kingdom
      Will White--Mountain Creek Speedway, TX

      Saturday, March 30

      Mike Knappenberger--Brownstown Speedway, IN
      Guy Smith--Brownstown Speedway, IN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Stendal Borstel Airstrip, Sachen-Anhalt, Germany
      Paul Weisel--Thruxton Circuit, England, United Kingdom
      Paul Weisel--Chesterton Stadium-Stoke, England, United Kingdom
      Rick Young--Bridgeport Speedway, NJ

      Sunday, March 31

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Chiny, Wallonie, Belgium
      Paul Weisel--Aldershot Raceway, England, United Kingdom
      Paul Weisel--Brands Hatch Circuit, England, United Kingdom

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--102

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--25

      US States Visited for New Tracks--16 (AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, MI, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OK, SC, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--07 (BEL, CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,579 (+15)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.