Global Rallycourse and new(?) tracks

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013
      Rob D'Amico of the Speed Sport radio show was just interviewing someone who mentioned that Global RallyCross series has scheduled races at Bristol (July 20) and Atlanta (August 11). I don't think either of the tracks have had races on this type of course before so I think they should be new tracks. Last year most of the races were companion races to NASCAR events. This year most of them are either X-Game events or standalone. Only New Hampshire is with a NASCAR event. they are also going back to Charlotte and will be at some X-Games events overseas and one in Los Angeles. They haven't updated their web site with the 2013 schedule yet as far as I can tell, but I found it on Wikipedia:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_RallyCross_Championship#Schedule.5B1.5D
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
        Edward:

        Funny you should mention the GRC. Roland and I were just talking about the 2013 schedule last week. He said he was planning on going to the event in Munich at the end of June.

        Not so funny is the fact that out of the ten different places they have raced before 2013, only two of them remain on the schedule for season three. Not a good average for a group that promotes themselves as a fresh, new, exciting, coming thing in motorsports.

        I saw them when they were first figuring it out at NJMP in 2010 (b-o-r-i-n-g, too big of a course) and at NHMS in 2012 (MUCH better, I really enjoyed it). It doesn't seem likely I'll get to any this year though, but you never know.

        I know Roland will give us a report from the German round. Hopefully someone will go to one of the US races and let us know how they are doing.