Re: God bless Gordy and his family

  • postmanmrn
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2013
      Gordy,

      My thoughts and prayers are with you, your description of the final 24 hours reminded me of my mothers final day. Her suffering is over and you have some wonderful and beautiful memories.

      Postman
    • dalezoom
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
        Gordy,

        My thoughts are with you and your family during this tough timr. My deepest condolences.

        Dale O.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
          This Easter weekend it was time for my ninth quarterly flight to DFW to
          visit my girlfriend, Michelle, in Carrollton, TX, and to add an 8th
          Texas dirt oval to my list. Oddly enough, it took 9 visits before we
          finally attended races at the closest active track to her home: Mountain
          Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie.

          This was the fourth different name under which TrackChasers have visited
          this track: DFW Speedway (1995, Robert Helmick), Outlaw Speedway (2000,
          John Moore), Grand Prairie Speedway (2004, Gordy Killian and 2010, Ed
          Esser) and now Mountain Creek Speedway (2013, Will White).

          Overall this was a decent show at a decent little track. Unfortunately,
          the crowd (a couple hundred) and car counts (64 in 6 classes) were
          lacking, although the 2 modified classes had half decent fields. This
          was the season opener (non point) for the track's regular classes,
          including IMCA modifieds (14), IMCA sport mods (18), IMCA 305 sprints
          (9), IMCA stock cars (5), street stocks (8) and bombers (10).

          With only relatively few minor cautions and a 20 minute intermission,
          the entire show was completed in 2 1/2 hours. As Michelle has arthritis
          in her back and isn't up to spending long nights sitting on bleacher
          seats, we are trying to time our arrival to miss most of the heats and
          see most or all of the features. It worked out very well this time as we
          arrived at 9:00, just in time for the modified heats. We then saw all 6
          features, with the modified main checkering right at 11:00.

          After a long Good Friday out, which included a few hours in the
          historic, western-themed, Fort Worth Stockyards, followed by a movie and
          dinner in Arlington, then the races at Grand Prairie, it was nice to
          have a mere 25 minute drive back to Michelle's.

          My unofficial rule of only one racing day per weekend on these quarterly
          visits should leave me in good shape for several more trips: Texas
          Motor Speedway is less than an hour from Carrollton and I still haven't
          been to any of the tracks there.