2013 TrackChaser Week 12 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 10:08 AM

      (Weekly Listserve Update #117) During the past week I added seven new tracks to the TrackChaser database. Six of the seven were new track visits from the past week, with one from earlier in 2013.

      World of Outlaw Sprint Car Series announcer Johnny Gibson checked in with confirmation of two new tracks, the brand new Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA that opened last weekend, and a visit earlier this month to the BMARA indoor Midget show at the Cedar Lake Arena, WI.

      Guy and Pam Smith both added the indoor Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena), MI to their track lists, after having skipped the inaugural race there last season due to bad weather.

      Chris Tyrrel also added his first new track of 2013, taking in the NASCAR All American Late Model Series race at the Myrtle Beach Speedway, SC.

      With the Stockton 99 Dirt Track being a new track and the race being a World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series show, it meant a new track for TrackChaser Research Group "Project Drivers" Steve Kinser and Sammy Swindell. The current focus for the domestic branch of the research group is Tony Stewart. Stewart added two new tracks last weekend, and is now up to 150 confirmed tracks. Of course, that is not a complete listing, and he is still 50 tracks short of qualifying status. The international branch of the group is focusing on the track list for former F1 and Indy Car driver Mika Salo. We are determined that "The Forgotten Finn" not be forgotten by this group. His track list is just four short of qualifying for website listing.

      With a little extra time this week, I also added "Notes" for Pam Smith's nearly 850 tracks. Thank you for patiently waiting for those to be added.

      California was a new state for the year, increasing our group total to 13 different states.

      Chris Tyrrel, Johnny Gibson, Steve Kinser, and Sammy Swindell are all new additions to the 2013 Annual. That brings the total scoring new tracks this year up to 24.

      There have been new track visits in all 12 weeks so far in 2013. I see no reason why that won't continue on this Easter holiday weekend. I would anticipate at least one new state for the year this weekend as well.

      The seven new track visits added this past week brings our total for the year to 87 new tracks by 24 different TrackChasers. Roger Ferrell continues as the King Kamehameha with 14. That's not enough, we want more!

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-11 (JANUARY 1 - MARCH 17)

      03/10 Johnny Gibson--Cedar Lake Arena, WI

      2013 WEEK 12 ADDITIONS (MARCH 18 - MARCH 24)

      Friday, March 22

      Johnny Gibson--Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA
      Steve Kinser--Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA
      Sammy Swindell--Stockton 99 Dirt Track, CA
      Chris Tyrrel--Myrtle Beach Speedway, SC

      Saturday, March 23

      Guy Smith--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena)
      Pam Smith--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena)

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--87

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--24

      US States Visited for New Tracks--13 (AZ, CA, FL, GA, MI, MS, NC, NV, NY, OK, SC, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--06 (CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,564 (+7)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.