Re: [TrackChasers] God bless Gordy and his family

  • Bruce Eckel
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 28, 2013
      Gordy,

      Our condolences and continued prayers go out to you and Susan's family. Sue will truly be missed and she was such a fighter!! God's Blessings to all.

      Bruce and Pat

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29, 2013
        Gordy,

        My thoughts and prayers are with you, your description of the final 24 hours reminded me of my mothers final day. Her suffering is over and you have some wonderful and beautiful memories.

        Postman
      • dalezoom
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
          Gordy,

          My thoughts are with you and your family during this tough timr. My deepest condolences.

          Dale O.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
            This Easter weekend it was time for my ninth quarterly flight to DFW to
            visit my girlfriend, Michelle, in Carrollton, TX, and to add an 8th
            Texas dirt oval to my list. Oddly enough, it took 9 visits before we
            finally attended races at the closest active track to her home: Mountain
            Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie.

            This was the fourth different name under which TrackChasers have visited
            this track: DFW Speedway (1995, Robert Helmick), Outlaw Speedway (2000,
            John Moore), Grand Prairie Speedway (2004, Gordy Killian and 2010, Ed
            Esser) and now Mountain Creek Speedway (2013, Will White).

            Overall this was a decent show at a decent little track. Unfortunately,
            the crowd (a couple hundred) and car counts (64 in 6 classes) were
            lacking, although the 2 modified classes had half decent fields. This
            was the season opener (non point) for the track's regular classes,
            including IMCA modifieds (14), IMCA sport mods (18), IMCA 305 sprints
            (9), IMCA stock cars (5), street stocks (8) and bombers (10).

            With only relatively few minor cautions and a 20 minute intermission,
            the entire show was completed in 2 1/2 hours. As Michelle has arthritis
            in her back and isn't up to spending long nights sitting on bleacher
            seats, we are trying to time our arrival to miss most of the heats and
            see most or all of the features. It worked out very well this time as we
            arrived at 9:00, just in time for the modified heats. We then saw all 6
            features, with the modified main checkering right at 11:00.

            After a long Good Friday out, which included a few hours in the
            historic, western-themed, Fort Worth Stockyards, followed by a movie and
            dinner in Arlington, then the races at Grand Prairie, it was nice to
            have a mere 25 minute drive back to Michelle's.

            My unofficial rule of only one racing day per weekend on these quarterly
            visits should leave me in good shape for several more trips: Texas
            Motor Speedway is less than an hour from Carrollton and I still haven't
            been to any of the tracks there.