God bless Gordy and his family

  • poppee
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 27 11:09 AM
      Just got the call we all new was coming. Sue passed today.
      Can't say more right now.
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 27 11:14 AM
        Best to Gordy and Sue's family from his TrackChaser family.

        Guy & Pam

        Just got the call we all new was coming. Sue passed today.
        Can't say more right now.

      • rpmgordy
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 27 12:30 PM
          Trackchasers all,

          Today was easily the saddest day of my life. My wife of nearly 13
          years passed away this morning when her courageous, 8 year long battle with
          cancer ended. She spent the last 24 hours fighting for every breath,
          including her last one. How could I not love such a woman. An outdoor service is
          being planned for Apr. 2 at a time to be determined. Many in this group have
          met her, and she always enjoyed spending time at the tracks talking about
          any and everything. To her, that was better than the racing. She preferred
          people watching. Don't fret for me. I was very lucky to have had the chance
          to share my life with her. Thank you to all those that had us in your
          thoughts and prayers during this trying time. Adios.

          Gordy

        • colin herridge
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 27 12:49 PM
            Condolences Gordy

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 27 3:28 PM
              Gordy,

              My mom and I offer our heartfelt condolences. We've had you and Sue in
              our thoughts and Mom often recalls how much she enjoyed talking to Sue
              at the Reading Fair.

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 27 3:45 PM
                Gordy:

                My mom and Gin also sent their best wishes. They asked for a Boston address to send a card, which I don't have, so I told them I would pass their thoughts along to you here.

                My fondest "early" Sue memory was of her sitting in the back of the car knitting all the way to Richmond for the IRL race, or seeing her on her hands and knees digging in the garden when I came to your old house to meet you on a Saturday morning. Of course your wedding is another early standout memory.

                My most vivid recent memory was a couple of years ago when myself, Gin, Mike, Ashton, you, and Suz sat together at Kutztown. I'm not sure if Will and his mom were there that night or not. She had a bag of candy that she shared with Ashton and all of us. Races like that night can be so much fun sometimes, because we are all there just to watch the races and enjoy each others company, with no worries about how many multiple hours drive we have to get home in time to make it to work.

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 27 4:03 PM
                  My thoughts are with you Gordy, at this difficult time, My deepest
                  sympathies to you
                  Rick

                  On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM, <RTRYFBAR@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Gordy:
                  >
                  > My mom and Gin also sent their best wishes. They asked for a Boston
                  > address to send a card, which I don't have, so I told them I would pass
                  > their thoughts along to you here.
                  >
                  > My fondest "early" Sue memory was of her sitting in the back of the car
                  > knitting all the way to Richmond for the IRL race, or seeing her on her
                  > hands and knees digging in the garden when I came to your old house to meet
                  > you on a Saturday morning. Of course your wedding is another early standout
                  > memory.
                  >
                  > My most vivid recent memory was a couple of years ago when myself, Gin,
                  > Mike, Ashton, you, and Suz sat together at Kutztown. I'm not sure if Will
                  > and his mom were there that night or not. She had a bag of candy that she
                  > shared with Ashton and all of us. Races like that night can be so much fun
                  > sometimes, because we are all there just to watch the races and enjoy each
                  > others company, with no worries about how many multiple hours drive we have
                  > to get home in time to make it to work.
                  >
                  > Guy

                • Vanden Eynde Roland
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 28 12:04 AM
                    Gordy,

                    My sincerest condolences.

                    Roland

                    Today was easily the saddest day of my life. My wife of nearly 13
                    years passed away this morning when her courageous, 8 year long battle with
                    cancer ended. She spent the last 24 hours fighting for every breath,
                    including her last one. How could I not love such a woman. An outdoor service is
                    being planned for Apr. 2 at a time to be determined. Many in this group have
                    met her, and she always enjoyed spending time at the tracks talking about
                    any and everything. To her, that was better than the racing. She preferred
                    people watching. Don't fret for me. I was very lucky to have had the chance
                    to share my life with her. Thank you to all those that had us in your
                    thoughts and prayers during this trying time. Adios.

                    Gordy

                    Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 28 12:57 AM
                      Gordy

                      Words can not say enough at this time. Please except our condolences.

                      Brian

                      On Mar 27, 2013, at 3:30 PM, RPMGORDY@... wrote:

                      > Trackchasers all,
                      >
                      > Today was easily the saddest day of my life. My wife of nearly 13
                      > years passed away this morning when her courageous, 8 year long battle with
                      > cancer ended. She spent the last 24 hours fighting for every breath,
                      > including her last one. How could I not love such a woman. An outdoor service is
                      > being planned for Apr. 2 at a time to be determined. Many in this group have
                      > met her, and she always enjoyed spending time at the tracks talking about
                      > any and everything. To her, that was better than the racing. She preferred
                      > people watching. Don't fret for me. I was very lucky to have had the chance
                      > to share my life with her. Thank you to all those that had us in your
                      > thoughts and prayers during this trying time. Adios.
                      >
                      > Gordy

                    • Bruce Eckel
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 28 8:21 AM
                        Gordy,

                        Our condolences and continued prayers go out to you and Susan's family. Sue will truly be missed and she was such a fighter!! God's Blessings to all.

                        Bruce and Pat

                        Just got the call we all new was coming. Sue passed today.
                        Can't say more right now.

                      • postmanmrn
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 29 4:41 PM
                          Gordy,

                          My thoughts and prayers are with you, your description of the final 24 hours reminded me of my mothers final day. Her suffering is over and you have some wonderful and beautiful memories.

                          Postman
                        • dalezoom
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
                            Gordy,

                            My thoughts are with you and your family during this tough timr. My deepest condolences.

                            Dale O.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
                              This Easter weekend it was time for my ninth quarterly flight to DFW to
                              visit my girlfriend, Michelle, in Carrollton, TX, and to add an 8th
                              Texas dirt oval to my list. Oddly enough, it took 9 visits before we
                              finally attended races at the closest active track to her home: Mountain
                              Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie.

                              This was the fourth different name under which TrackChasers have visited
                              this track: DFW Speedway (1995, Robert Helmick), Outlaw Speedway (2000,
                              John Moore), Grand Prairie Speedway (2004, Gordy Killian and 2010, Ed
                              Esser) and now Mountain Creek Speedway (2013, Will White).

                              Overall this was a decent show at a decent little track. Unfortunately,
                              the crowd (a couple hundred) and car counts (64 in 6 classes) were
                              lacking, although the 2 modified classes had half decent fields. This
                              was the season opener (non point) for the track's regular classes,
                              including IMCA modifieds (14), IMCA sport mods (18), IMCA 305 sprints
                              (9), IMCA stock cars (5), street stocks (8) and bombers (10).

                              With only relatively few minor cautions and a 20 minute intermission,
                              the entire show was completed in 2 1/2 hours. As Michelle has arthritis
                              in her back and isn't up to spending long nights sitting on bleacher
                              seats, we are trying to time our arrival to miss most of the heats and
                              see most or all of the features. It worked out very well this time as we
                              arrived at 9:00, just in time for the modified heats. We then saw all 6
                              features, with the modified main checkering right at 11:00.

                              After a long Good Friday out, which included a few hours in the
                              historic, western-themed, Fort Worth Stockyards, followed by a movie and
                              dinner in Arlington, then the races at Grand Prairie, it was nice to
                              have a mere 25 minute drive back to Michelle's.

                              My unofficial rule of only one racing day per weekend on these quarterly
                              visits should leave me in good shape for several more trips: Texas
                              Motor Speedway is less than an hour from Carrollton and I still haven't
                              been to any of the tracks there.