2013 TrackChaser Week 11 Summary

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #116) Two new track visits were added during the past week. One from last week and one from the week before that got lost somewhere in cyberspace.

      The other big news for the week was the arrival of the 2012 TrackChaser "Ed Esser Memorial Trackchaser Annual Award" plagues, presented by the National Speedway Directory to the five members of the group with the most new tracks in 2012. This is the second year that Tim Frost of the NSD has sponsored the awards for the group. He has, as his predecessor Allan Brown did before him, sponsored similar awards for Ron Hedger's "Super Fans" in the NSSN. The NSD also sponsored the "Roscoe 'Pappy' Hough Memorial Trackchaser World Cup" for the all-time leading TrackChaser in the group. All members of the group should take the time to thank Tim Frost for his interest in our TrackChasing group, in short track racing in general, and in regular race fans of the sport. The NSD "footprint" can be found in print, on the web, on twitter, facebook, youtube, a mobile phone app, and radio with Dennis Michelsen. I'm probably forgetting at least one more. Tim is hard at work on the 2013 edition of the NSD, and said he will be sure to let TrackChasers know as soon as it is finished. Thanks again, Tim.

      Brian Hickey was at Magnolia Speedway in Mississippi on March 9, the eleventh state this year for TrackChasers to visit.

      This past week, Roger Ferrell added another new track to his 2013 list of conquests, visiting RPM Speedway of Texas last Friday during a trip that also included repeat visits to Batesville, AR; Ark-La-Tx, LA; and Boothill, LA.

      Texas was the 12th state to be visited for new tracks so far in 2013

      Roger single handedly kept the perfect streak going for the group, now 11 for 11 in seeing a new track each week in 2013.

      The 2 new track visits added this past week brings our total for the year to 80 new tracks by 20 different TrackChasers. Roger Ferrell continues as the King of the Hill with 14. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-10 (JANUARY 1 - MARCH 10)

      03/09 Brian Hickey--Magnolia Speedway, MS

      2013 WEEK 11 ADDITIONS (MARCH 11 - MARCH 17)

      Friday, March 15

      Roger Ferrell--RPM Speedway of Texas, TX

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--80

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--20

      US States Visited for New Tracks--12 (AZ, FL, GA, MI, MS, NC, NV, NY, OK, SC, TX, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--06 (CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,557 (+2)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013
        Oops! That's plaques, not plagues! Haha. Classic typo.