2013 TrackChaser Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2013

      No racing for me at all last weekend. We went 0-3 with races. None would have been new tracks though. On Saturday a nice planned double of Micro Sprints at Shippensburg in the afternoon and Winged Sprints at Port Royal in the evening were both canceled due to snow.

      Hagerstown canceled on Sunday, and one of the reasons they gave is "...another uncertain wet forecast for Monday which, at this time, could potentially revert back to Sunday". That's the first time I can ever remember a race being postponed due to the weather the day AFTER the race! A new low.

      Pam and I ended up getting one last hockey game in the books for this season, taking in the Trenton Titans game in New Jersey. I had only seen four hockey teams play in my first 52 winters, and now an additional seven this winter. Pam's got me beat by two in pro hockey teams.

      Anyone heading to Birch Run, MI this Saturday for the fifth and last race of the indoor series races? At the first race in this arena back in December, Allan Brown, Nancy Brown, Roger Ferrell, Dale O'Brien, and Rick Schneider were there. Pam and I stayed home because there was supposed to be some bad weather enroute. Luckily for us, they booked a second race there, and we should have no weather problem this time. If anyone else is going, let me know in advance and we can make plans to meet up, or just look for Pam and I at the arena on Saturday. I hope some of our racing friends are planning to join us.