2013 TrackChaser Week 10 Summary

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #115) It was another big week of TrackChasing for our group. I added another 29 net track visits to the group totals, yet another outstanding week of growth.

      A big addition were 25 missing track visits from 2010, 2011, and 2012 for Edward Corrado. He also deleted one track from his list that he had reported in error, resulting in a net gain of 24 previous year tracks for Edward, whose track list is now officially up to date.

      But the biggest news regarding Edward Corrado was that his additions now give him a recorded track in all 50 US states, making Edward the 11th member of the TrackChasing "50 State Club". Congratulations Edward on that great achievement!

      In addition, Allan and Nancy Brown took in a race in Las Vegas. Their visit was the first in Nevada this year, making it state number 9 for the group already in 2013, and new track number 9 already for Nancy.

      The aforementioned Edward Corrado attended the indoor Midget races in Wisconsin, which he reviewed earlier in the week on the group listserve. That was another new state for the year for us, bringing the state total into double figures.

      Across the pond, Colin Herridge added a Figure of 8 variation at Birmingham Wheels Raceway. That was a first for the year for Colin, a first for the year in England, and a first of the year in the United Kingdom.

      Colin added Birmingham Wheels to his impressive England F8 track list that includes Aldershot, Brafield, Bristol, Buxton, Fleet, Hednesford, the NEC, Norfolk, Ringwood, Wimbleton, and Yarmouth.

      Colin made it an even 20 group members having scored new tracks in 2013 in the first ten weeks.

      And on the European continent, Roland Vanden Eynde added his third new track of the year, all in a different country and none yet in his home country. His visit to see a new track in Germany, along with Colin's new track in the UK, brings our total of different countries this year to six.

      Roland's new track in Aschendorf, NI, Germany was the only brand new track added to the database this week.

      We have added tracks all ten weeks of 2013 to date. I'm not privy to any new track plans for the coming week, so we will have to wait and see if that streak continues in week 11.

      In other sports news within our group, Bruce and Pat Eckel were in AZ adding to their list of MLB teams they have seen play home exhibition games in the Arizona Cactus League. So far they have reported seeing the Diamond Backs, Brewers, Athletics, Indians, Angels, Reds, Cubs, and Dodgers.

      With 5 new track visits this past week, it brings our total for the year to 78 new tracks by 20 different TrackChasers. Roger Ferrell continues as the leader of the pack with 13. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-9 (JANUARY 1 - MARCH 3)

      none

      2013 WEEK 10 ADDITIONS (MARCH 4 - MARCH 10)

      Wednesday, March 6

      Allan Brown--Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NV
      Nancy Brown--Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NV

      Saturday, March 9

      Edward Corrado--Cedar Lake Arena, WI
      Colin Herridge--Birmingham Wheels Raceway Figure of 8, ENG, UK
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Aschendorf, Germany

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--78

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--20

      US States Visited for New Tracks--10 (AZ, FL, GA, MI, NC, NV, NY, OK, SC, WI)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--06 (CAN, DEU, FRA, GBR, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,555 (+29)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

    • rpmgordy
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
        Edward,

        Not many people even get to visit all 50 states. Seeing racing in all
        50 is one of the neatest trackchasing accomplishments. Which state was #50?

        Gordy