2013 TrackChaser Week 9 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 1:22 PM

      (Weekly Listserve Update #114) It seems like every week we have a lot of positive group news to report. Every week is full of wonderful accomplishments in our hobby. But some weeks are just outstanding and this week was an especially big week for the group as I added over 300 new track visits to the website.

      ChumpCar ran their very first race on ice, and Edward Corrado reported it to the group via our listserve. Five of us took advantage of the rare March ice race in the northeastern US to add Black Lake to our track lists. This was the only new location and track added this week.

      The original "Roamin' Chariot" and his lovely wife Nancy were out on the road again, each adding three new tracks in Arizona.

      The biggest news of the weekend is that we added a new person to the group and the website: Dave Garrison from Bedford, Kentucky. I believe Dave is the first "listed" TrackChaser from that state. Dave is a former winner of Ron Hedger's "Super Fan" competition in the National Speed Sport News. Dave garnered some attention in 2011 when he went to every USAC national race in their three top oval track divisions. We spoke at a couple of Indiana TQ Midget shows last year. Dave's preliminary track total shows 290 tracks. It's an impressive list, so check it out on the website and enjoy.

      It's a great honor to have Dave join our group and have his track list displayed on my site. It continues the steady and controlled growth of the group each year. I'd say we are right on schedule. And it shouldn't be too long until we add another person, with Russ Currie fewer than five tracks from reaching number 200.

      The TrackChaser Research Group was busy at work delving into the careers of the most well-traveled racers in history. This week, seven new tracks were added for Sir Stirling Moss, and one date was changed to an earlier visit. We haven't really come close to finding enough tracks yet for Tony Stewart, but we did add #147 and #148 for his research project track list.

      The total number of new tracks added during the past week was 309. That included 11 visits from the past week, 4 from earlier this year, and 294 from before 2013.

      Dave Garrison was also at the Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), which brings the total of members attending that event up to eight.

      Two more people added tracks for the first time in 2013. Edward Corrado joined the 2013 list with two, with a third in the offing this coming weekend. And new member Dave Garrison has added three new tracks so far this year. That means 19 different people from the group have checked in with new tracks already. What an absolutely banner week in our group!

      The Brown's new tracks in Arizona was a first for that state for 2013. That brings the total of states visited for new tracks up to eight. I'll bet cash that number goes up by at least one if not two next week.

      We have added tracks all nine weeks of 2013 to date. I know of four people that have new track plans in the coming week.

      With 15 new track visits added since the last update, it brings our total for the year to 73 new tracks by 19 different TrackChasers. Roger Ferrell continues as the leader of the pack with 13. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-8 (JANUARY 1 - FEBRUARY 24)

      01/06 Edward Corrado--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner), NY
      01/27 Dave Garrison--Watermelon Capital Speedway, GA
      02/09 Dave Garrison--Waycross Motor Speedway, GA
      02/19 Dave Garrison--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL

      2013 WEEK 9 ADDITIONS (FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH #)

      Friday, March 1

      Allan Brown--Cocopah Speedway, AZ
      Nancy Brown--Cocopah Speedway, AZ

      Saturday, March 2

      Allan Brown--Tucson International Speedway (Outer), AZ
      Allan Brown--Tucson International Speedway (Inner), AZ
      Nancy Brown--Tucson International Speedway (Outer), AZ
      Nancy Brown--Tucson International Speedway (Inner), AZ

      Sunday, March 3

      Edward Corrado--Black Lake, NY
      Mike Knappenberger--Black Lake, NY
      Guy Smith--Black Lake, NY
      Pam Smith--Black Lake, NY
      Rick Young--Black Lake, NY

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--73

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--19

      US States Visited for New Tracks--08 (AZ, FL, GA, MI, NC, NY, OK, SC)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--04 (CAN, FRA, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,526 (+309)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.