Black Lake, NY Ice Racing Tomorrow

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      The ice race at Black Lake in Hammond, NY scheduled for tomorrow is still on as planned. They will be doing a final check this afternoon. If anything changes I will post it as soon as I can. There is 18 inches of ice, so that would not be a problem.

      I have to eat some crow, because this event really is aligned with the ChumpCar group. There is now information about the event on the ChumpCar website forum.

      Even better, Chump Car is actually starting an ice racing series. As a business, I would expect them to be more organized than many of the existing ice racing only groups that are made up of hobbyists. I would also expect them to bring ice racing to new locations, perhaps even new regions. Of course, it is too late to really get started for this year. But for next winter and beyond, this could be big.

      Just when you think you're running out of new ice racing locations (without taking up Mike on his weekly offer to drive us to Wisconsin), something else comes along to keep the winter game going. I'm already looking forward to next winter to see how this develops.

      Hope to see some of the group tomorrow. Today, it's off to Lincoln for the Super Sprints. Still a race fan, you know.